degree

  • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 11, 2001
      Laura/Leya,

      AA = Associate of Arts
      AAS= Associate of Applied Science
      AB = Bachelor of Arts
      BA = Bachelor of Arts
      ABEd = Bachelor of Arts Education
      AS = Bachelor of Science
      BS = Bachelor of Science
      MA = Master of Arts
      MS = Master of Science
      MAJS = Master of Arts Jewish Studies
      PhD = Doctor of Philosophy
      ABD after any of the last 5 means they haven't written their paper yet.

      Hope it helps and if I missed any, please feel free to correct/add.
      Despina
      (whose debt payment is more than a mortgage payment would be....)

    • Linda Learn
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 12, 2001
        I know I'm being picky but the words on the piece of paper I got from the
        college were: Bachelor of Science in Art Education. ....BS in Art Ed...
        which differs from the BS in Ed. degree Kutztown also gave for the other
        teacher's degrees.
        Course it was so long ago that the college has changed its name two times...
        Linda/Maria P