OT college degree

  • ssaucer@juno.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 11, 2001
      Congratulations, Yana! May you find a job that uses your hard earned
      knowledge.

      From the other side: I have spent twenty years wondering why I spent so
      much money getting one of those funny pieces of paper (BS - which I tend
      to translate as Bull S---), but I am still planning on sending my kids to
      college. I just hope that they study something which will help them earn
      LOTS of money. It is unfortunate that many employers require a college
      degree, (field of study is irrelevant) for jobs that could be done by
      people without one, and I'm not just referring to entry level positions.

      For all those who are irked by my position, I do recognize that certain
      fields of study are both relevant and necessary for certain jobs. I just
      bemoan the fact that there are so many situations in which a college
      degree is necessary only to prove that the applicant is "trainable".