Russian Women's Folk Dress

  • Jenn/Yana
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2000
      I found a nice site today, full of pics of 19th and 20th century women's
      folk clothing. The dress, while not SCA period, does give a person a good
      idea of what late-period festival outfits _could_ have looked like. The
      site is an MLS (master of library sciences) project, and is very nicely
      arranged. What I really like about it is that the author has included the
      regional variations of headdresses (although captions would be helpful). So
      those of you who are lost when we start talking about kokoshniks, here's a
      guide for you! Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!!

      http://www.buckeyenet.net/users/mayberry/Index.htm
      (a bit slow loading)

      --Yana