Re: [sig] Period eating utensils (Bohemia)

  • Alastair Millar
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2000
      I'd go with Predslava on this - the majority would be using wood or bone.

      LATER materials might have included tin and brass, too. For the Bohemophiles
      out there... this from the permanent exhibition in the City of Prague
      Museum:

      [quote]
      233.
      Brass spoon, 16th century.
      Wooden spoon.
      Brass spoon with mascharon, 16th century.

      Cutlery was still not commonly used even in the Renaissance, with the
      exception of forks used to transfer meat from the serving dish to the plate,
      and various types of knives for carving and slicing.
      [unquote]

      Cheers!

      Alastair

      Alastair Millar, BSc(Hons)