Help with garb

  • Kamala Kropinak
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 28, 2000
      Howdy fellow Sig members,

      I am going to a midwinter feast this year and I want to dress in my persona's
      chosen costume; however, I desperately need assistance. I have decided to go
      with the Russian Sarafan as documented at Mordak's Garb Packet
      http://www.sit.wisc.edu/~jdmiller2/dak/ and I figured that I would be able to
      use one of my Elizabethan Chemises as the underdress. My question is the
      embellishment done to the Sarafan. Does anyone have an online picture of what
      a Sarafan looked like, the decoration, the material, etc? Also, I would like
      for my outfit to be complete therefor I need help with head gear. What did
      women of the mid 16th century wear on their heads?

      Thanks for any assistance you can give me,
      Kamle Kropotove in al-Barran

      PS/ the Midwinter feasival is Dec. 16, but I am an experienced seamstress so
      I'm not too worried as long as I can get some idea of how to embellish this
      thing... :)

      --
      Kamala Kropinak
      kaboukie@...