Re: [sig] A great book re: nomad warriors.

  • timbo@marcon.org
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 9, 2000
      There are two books I refer to frequently on this list. Neither is an advanced, scholarly work, but both are well researched and provide basic information of a martial nature within their areas of iBoth books focus on the military -- tactics, battles, a
      rmor, and military structure -- although their is some spill-over of the political infrastructure, such as it was in those days. The have a dra
      ARMIES OF THE DARK AGES 600-1066 (publ. 1980): Covers the Byzantine, Pictish, Irish, Visigothic, Lombard, Merovingian, Carolingian, Ottonian (early German), Viking, Russian, Slav (mostly northern an
      ARMIES OF FEUDAL EUROPE 1066-1300 (publ. 1978): Covers the French, English, Scottish, Irish, Scandanavian, Spanish, Andalusian, Moroccan, Italian, Papal, Venetian, Sicilian, Imperialist (HRE), Teuto

      I have had excellent luck in finding and having items immediately
      shipped to me by: www.lastsquare.com
      It's in Madison, WI. , like Paul & Yana.
      'dak