Re: Skanzen

  • Olan Mikkelsen
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 7, 2000
      There are several 'skansen' in Poland. I didn't get a chance to see
      any of them while I was there, though.
      Landolf
      P.S. I was the steward for an equestrian event this weekend. There
      are some pics at: http://www.cs.usu.edu/~watson/coteduciel/equestrian
      I'm the fuzzy one in the furry hat on the bottom row of pics.

      --- In sig@egroups.com, "Alastair Millar" <alastair@i...> wrote:
      > Ilijana wrote...
      >
      > >There is (or was 30 years ago) suck a "park" in
      > >or near Stockholm. It was called Skansen Park.
      >
      > A quick dive into my 'Akademicky slovnik cizich slov' (Prague,
      Academia,
      > 1995) confirms that the Czech word comes from the proper name.
      Isn't it used
      > in other languages as well, though? German, maybe?
      >
      > Alastair
      >
      > ---------------------------
      > Alastair Millar, BSc(Hons)
      > Consultancy and translation for the heritage industry
      > e-mail: alastair@i..., http://www.skriptorium.cz
      > P.O.Box 685, CZ 111 21 Prague 1, Czech Republic
    • Diane S. Sawyer
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 7, 2000
        --- Olan Mikkelsen <landolf@...> wrote:
        > There are several 'skansen' in Poland. I didn't get a chance to
        > see
        > any of them while I was there, though.
        > Landolf
        > P.S. I was the steward for an equestrian event this weekend. There
        >
        > are some pics at:
        > http://www.cs.usu.edu/~watson/coteduciel/equestrian
        > I'm the fuzzy one in the furry hat on the bottom row of pics.

        Oo. Horsies. I'm sending this to my household sister, who is the EK
        Equestrian WebMinister and avowed horse nut. I love em too, but
        don't have time/money for lessons (gotta get that black belt before I
        take up another sport!). Thanks, Landolf!

        Tasha

        http://shopping.yahoo.com/