Shield and sword

  • AKC7
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 5, 2000
      Would anyone happen to know somewhere, or someone, who would perhaps
      sell plywood already cut in the shape of a shield (kite shield for one)?
      I once recall someone would did, but my memory escapes me at the moment.
      And most importantly where would I find a place to buy rattan
      swords? I'd also settle in the knowledge of how to make them, and out
      of what.

      Thanks,
      Andrew
    • Barcsi Janos
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 5, 2000
        --- "AKC7" <AKC7@...>
        > wrote:

        Would anyone happen to know somewhere, or someone, who would perhaps
        >sell plywood already cut in the shape of a shield (kite shield for one)?
        >I once recall someone would did, but my memory escapes me at the moment.
        >And most importantly where would I find a place to buy rattan
        >swords? I'd also settle in the knowledge of how to make them, and out
        >of what.

        Where are you? If you're near an SCA group, contact the marshal; alternatively, try the kingdom's marshalate email list--I found a lot of rattan fast that way when I was in Bosnia. I haven't seen plywood shield blanks for a while (but haven't looked). You can also try http:www//buy_the_sword.com, they may have a shield blank, or be able to refer you to one.

        Janos

        ==
        The Honorable Lord
        SOV�NY BARCSI J�NOS