Re: [sig] research (getting really OT)

  • Barcsi Janos
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 5, 2000
      --- MHoll@...
      > wrote:

      >But I'm envious of the woods behind the school. Of
      >course, we had the legend of the tunnel under the street connecting the
      >school to the little city park...

      You city kids, I swear.

      Across the street from me was miles of woods. Behind me was the river (Potomac). And all this talk of shoes makes my feet hurt. We NEVER wore shoes except for school, church, and other formal occasions...oh, and in the barn. They paved the road to our house just before we moved there, and when they did, they quit delivering mail by boat. We didn't get "city water" for years afterwards. But we didn't live in the country...there were 47 of us in our town.

      Janos

      ==
      The Honorable Lord
      SOV�NY BARCSI J�NOS
      c/o LTC J. C. Smith
      HQ USAREUR/7A
      CMR 420, BOX 2839
      APO AE 09063-283

      Get paid to surf and not surf http://All.Frodo.Com
    • Jenn/Yana
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 5, 2000
        Janos wrote:
        >And all this talk of shoes makes my feet hurt. We NEVER wore
        >shoes except for school, church, and other formal occasions...oh, and in the
        >barn. They paved the road to our house just before we moved there, and when
        >they did, they quit delivering mail by boat. We didn't get "city water" for
        >years afterwards. But we didn't live in the country...there were 47 of us
        >in our town.

        Yeah, yeah. And you had to walk barefoot in the snow to school (to save
        the nice shoes for wearing inside the school, as to not get the floors
        dirty), and it was uphill BOTH ways, right?
        ;-)

        --Yana (darn country folk...)
      • Barcsi Janos
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 5, 2000
          --- Jenn/Yana <jdmiller2@...>
          > wrote:

          And you had to walk barefoot in the snow to school (to save
          >the nice shoes for wearing inside the school, as to not get the floors
          >dirty), and it was uphill BOTH ways, right?

          Don't forget the bears...or was it lions? :)

          Janos

          ==

        • MHoll@aol.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 6, 2000
            In a message dated 10/5/2000 3:07:30 AM Central Daylight Time,
            janos@... writes:

            > We NEVER wore shoes except for school, church, and other formal occasions...
            > oh, and in the barn.

            Ever since Tom Sawyer, it was my dream. And now I live in a climate where you
            can go barefoot year round.... except for fireants. And once you've stepped
            on a nest, you DO wear shoes outside...

            Yeah, city kids... Of course, in Europe, we weren't *all that* different from
            country kids... 47 people in your town, you say? That's a building anywhere
            on the continent where I grew up...

            Predslava,
            barely exagerating. Just barely.
          • Barcsi Janos
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 7, 2000
              --- MHoll@...
              > wrote:

              >Yeah, city kids... Of course, in Europe, we weren't *all that* different from
              >country kids... 47 people in your town, you say? That's a building anywhere
              >on the continent where I grew up...

              Yup. Just 47 of us (no exaggeration -- I still remember most of their names). There were also two mules named Sam and Joe, and a lot of horses, dogs, and cats. There are more people than that in the building I live in now, in Germany.

              Janos

              ==

              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 7, 2000
                In a message dated 10/6/2000 1:47:36 AM Central Daylight Time,
                janos@... writes:

                > Don't forget the bears...or was it lions? :)

                Oh my!

                Predslava.
              • Jenn/Yana
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 7, 2000
                  At 12:06 PM 10/7/00 -0500, you wrote:
                  >We're just too darn busy to keep up with all the stuff coming in. How can
                  >we unsubscribe?
                  >
                  >Ekaterina

                  Responded privately.

                  --Yana, list moderator