caftan manuals & beer debts

  • timbo@xxxxxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 1, 1999
      Sergai,
      Does a bear crap in the woods? I'm the caftan guy. I'm also a
      procrastinator so if I owe manuals to anyone lurking out there, I
      honestly apologize. Also, change of plans. I'm skipping Pennsic in
      favor of Toronto for a 2nd honeymoon with the wife. I was in law
      school during the first so it was sort of given short shift. I will
      send beer with Nick though, so ask for Duke Comar's encampment
      (Daggon's Dell). Please apologize to your Prince?, King?, beer
      guzzling buddy?...(grin).
      Gotta pick my battles. Can I still shoot a manual to you, and
      anyone else lurking out there ? Tomorrow is payday so ask now, before
      I pay my loans.........
      Mordak (Russki procrastinator at large)
    • Danks Cole
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 2, 1999
        Sorry for sending this over the list..but for some reason Lord Mordak's
        e-mail can't be found by the mail server.

        M'lord Mordak...

        Could you please send me a garb packet as well...if possible..anything you
        have on Russian beadwork for garb. Thanks in advance!

        YIS
        Vlakh

        timbo@... wrote:

        > From: timbo@...
        >
        > Sergai,
        > Does a bear crap in the woods? I'm the caftan guy. I'm also a
        > procrastinator so if I owe manuals to anyone lurking out there, I
        > honestly apologize. Also, change of plans. I'm skipping Pennsic in
        > favor of Toronto for a 2nd honeymoon with the wife. I was in law
        > school during the first so it was sort of given short shift. I will
        > send beer with Nick though, so ask for Duke Comar's encampment
        > (Daggon's Dell). Please apologize to your Prince?, King?, beer
        > guzzling buddy?...(grin).
        > Gotta pick my battles. Can I still shoot a manual to you, and
        > anyone else lurking out there ? Tomorrow is payday so ask now, before
        > I pay my loans.........
        > Mordak (Russki procrastinator at large)

        > ONElist: the best source for group communications.
        > http://www.onelist.com
        > Join a new list today!

      • Christine Jacobs
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 2, 1999
          [Ahh, I seem not to be the only one having trouble replying to this
          address!]

          Hi 'dak!

          I would love one of your manuals - I've been working on a caftan without
          a pattern, and it would be nice to see how to do it right, for next
          time. :)

          Maybe I can pick one up from you at an event this fall? It gives me
          another excuse to seek you out when I move west(ish). ;)

          -- Kseniia

          timbo@... wrote:

          > From: timbo@...
          >
          > Sergai,
          > Does a bear crap in the woods? I'm the caftan guy. I'm also a
          > procrastinator so if I owe manuals to anyone lurking out there, I
          > honestly apologize. Also, change of plans. I'm skipping Pennsic in
          > favor of Toronto for a 2nd honeymoon with the wife. I was in law
          > school during the first so it was sort of given short shift. I will
          > send beer with Nick though, so ask for Duke Comar's encampment
          > (Daggon's Dell). Please apologize to your Prince?, King?, beer
          > guzzling buddy?...(grin).
          > Gotta pick my battles. Can I still shoot a manual to you, and
          > anyone else lurking out there ? Tomorrow is payday so ask now, before
          > I pay my loans.........
          > Mordak (Russki procrastinator at large)

          > ONElist: the best source for group communications.
          > http://www.onelist.com
          > Join a new list today!

          Lady Kseniia Smol'nyanina mka: Christine Jacobs
          of Mountain Freehold chrstnj@...

          http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Chamber/3079

          "I shall never permit myself to stoop so low as to hate another man."
          - Booker T. Washington
        • Orionova@xxx.xxx
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 2, 1999
            Greetings to the list from Natasha Orionova Zateeva!

            I'd like to jump on this band-wagon as well, Mordak. Is your packet sent by
            snail mail? If so, let me know and I can send you postage.

            Thanks!
            Natasha
          • timbo@xxxxxx.xxx
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 2, 1999
              Vlak,
              First thing Tuesday. July 4th and all.
              'dak

              Date: Fri, 02 Jul 1999 09:55:11 -0300
              From: Danks Cole <corgano@...>
              To: sig@onelist.com
              Subject: Re: [sig] caftan manuals & beer debts

              From: Danks Cole <corgano@...>

              timbo@... wrote:

              > From: timbo@...
              >
              > Sergai,
              > Does a bear crap in the woods? I'm the caftan guy. I'm also a
              > procrastinator so if I owe manuals to anyone lurking out there, I
              > honestly apologize. Also, change of plans. I'm skipping Pennsic in
              > favor of Toronto for a 2nd honeymoon with the wife. I was in law
              > school during the first so it was sort of given short shift. I will
              > send beer with Nick though, so ask for Duke Comar's encampment
              > (Daggon's Dell). Please apologize to your Prince?, King?, beer
              > guzzling buddy?...(grin).
              > Gotta pick my battles. Can I still shoot a manual to you, and
              > anyone else lurking out there ? Tomorrow is payday so ask now, before
              > I pay my loans.........
              > Mordak (Russki procrastinator at large)

              > ONElist: the best source for group communications.
              > http://www.onelist.com
              > Join a new list today!

              Looking for a new hobby? Want to make a new friend?
              http://www.onelist.com
              Come join one of 180,000 e-mail communities at ONElist!

            • John.E.Beebe.93@xxxxxx.xxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxx
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 2, 1999
                I too apologize for sending this listwide, but 'dak's server appears to be
                playing hide and seek on the network.

                Mordak,

                I recently found the perfect fabric for a kaftan, and would love any tips or
                suggestions you can throw my way. Email is fine, with or without
                attachments as available, or if you want to send something snailmail, my
                address is:

                John Beebe
                925 Haywood Drive #3
                Madison, WI 53715

                I haven't really made a kaftan yet, just a chuga, which I guess is somewhat
                similar, but any help at all you can offer would be greatly appreciated!

                The basic patterns you sent me a while back are being put to good use as I
                start some Russian garb for my wife. I'll convert her from a good
                upstanding Anglo-Saxon into a Slav yet. ;-)

                You asked a while back if I had a copy of Giliarovskaia, and unfortunately
                I did not at the time. Looks like I'll be obtaining a copy of it soon,
                though (thanks Ilyana! :-). Did you ever get ahold of this, or are you still
                devoid? If the latter, I'd be more than willing to run off an extra copy
                for you when I make mine and ship it off your way, just give the word (and
                address...).

                Otherwise, just let me know how much the copying/shipping comes to, and
                I'll more than happily reimburse.

                -Ivan Matfeevich Rezansky

                -------------------------
                >timbo@... wrote:
                >
                >> From: timbo@...
                >>
                >> Sergai,
                >> Does a bear crap in the woods? I'm the caftan guy. I'm also a
                >> procrastinator so if I owe manuals to anyone lurking out there, I
                >> honestly apologize. Also, change of plans. I'm skipping Pennsic in
                >> favor of Toronto for a 2nd honeymoon with the wife. I was in law
                >> school during the first so it was sort of given short shift. I will
                >> send beer with Nick though, so ask for Duke Comar's encampment
                >> (Daggon's Dell). Please apologize to your Prince?, King?, beer
                >> guzzling buddy?...(grin).
                >> Gotta pick my battles. Can I still shoot a manual to you, and
                >> anyone else lurking out there ? Tomorrow is payday so ask now, before
                >> I pay my loans.........
                >> Mordak (Russki procrastinator at large)

                >> ONElist: the best source for group communications.
                >> http://www.onelist.com
                >> Join a new list today!

              • Robert Parker
                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 7, 1999
                  Dear Caftan Guy,
                  I am totally bummed to hear that you are not going to be at
                  Pennsic. His Majesty (as of the 10th) will be disappointed also. Oh
                  well, Everyone else will be at "Sergei's Party", RIGHT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
                  Congrats on the honeymoon thing. I know how important that can be.
                  Actually, I wish I knew. Single and all I can empathize at least.
                  Anyway, you don't have to send beer with anyone. I would appreciate any
                  patterns you have available. If you have already paid the rent give me
                  a holler when you are ready to send patterns since it seems everybody
                  wants what you got, big guy. (He, he) Anyway, I hope this isn't too
                  late. I has the West/An Tir War to go to. There will be a report on
                  that tomorrow. Yes you can ALL have something to read that may have to
                  do a little bit with the SCA instead of beer and stuff. All in all, I
                  am really going to miss seeing you there. (Major Bummer, DUDE!!!!!!)
                  I hope to see the rest of you there at whichever party it turns out to
                  be.

                  Sergei Stepanovich Bezrukov
                  aka
                  Robert Parker
                  1118 S. 3rd
                  Pocatello, Id. 83201

                  208 233-5131
                • JLNash55@xxx.xxx
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jul 7, 1999
                    I know that this is a bit late already, I've been away for a while.
                    But...could I possibly get a copy of the caftan information? I am a heat
                    sick Hungarian in the far south regions of Meridies and have decided that a
                    nice loose caftan is just what I need for summer wear (I need to protect my
                    burn-prone skin). So far, all that I've been able to find is a written
                    description and some mongolian and persian examples to extrapolate from. I
                    would TRUELY appreciate any information. If it is going to involve any kind
                    of copy costs or postage I will more than happily pay them.

                    New in Service,
                    Kispesty Potyncza
                  • Jennifer D. Miller
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jul 8, 1999