Re: [sig] Re: Mail dimensions

  • Dmitriy V. Ryaboy
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 4, 2000
      >From: "Elizabeth B. Naime" <elspeth@...>
      >Are we sure those are welded? Elspeth the ill-named
      >Elizabeth Naime <elspeth@...>

      Kirpichnikov mentions welded specifically several times in the article I
      got the info from (A.N. Kirpichnikov, "Drevnerusskoe Oruzhie" vol. 3,
      Arheologia SSSR, Nauka, Leningrad 1971).

      He does not make any reference to punched or cast rings. By the way, are
      you sure the German ones were cast? Casting would make for a very weak
      ring.. are you sure they were not _punched_?

      -Dmitriy Shelomianin

      http://profiles.msn.com