2 Medieval Russian Questions

  • AKC7
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 3, 2000
      Hello everyone,
      I've two questions which have been plaguing me for a while.
      More so now that I've started work on my persona.

      The first question I want to ask is if anyone has knowledge of the
      diameter and thickness of chains in Russian chain mail? I understand
      that there are many different kinds, but I know little to nothing. And
      if I had a few examples from pieces which have survived then that would
      be great.

      The second question I wish to ask is if anyone knows about the
      Russian two handed sword. I've only heard that one existed, and that's
      the extent of what I know. If anyone knows more about that I would love
      to hear.

      Thanks for any help one can provide, I appreciate it.

      P.S.- I almost forgot does anyone know the Russian word for swift, or
      quick? or something that has to do with speed. I'm trying to work on
      my Persona name.

      Thanks again,
      Andrew
    • Art Plazewski
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 4, 2000
        Bystryj - fast swift
        Art.

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 9, 2000
          In a message dated 10/4/2000 6:12:11 PM Central Daylight Time,
          jbcp@... writes:

          > Bystryj - fast swift

          Correct, however for a nickname "skoryi" is more likely. That was without a
          check for periodness. Too lazy.

          P.