Re: [sig] research (getting really OT)

  • MHoll@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 3, 2000
      In a message dated 10/3/2000 6:37:27 AM Central Daylight Time,
      jridley@... writes:

      > and even
      > the fashion plates had enough sense to wear decent shoes when we went
      > into the woods/wetlands behind the school.

      Oh poor you! You didn't even get to gloat about the fashion plates tottering
      in their nice shoes! But I'm envious of the woods behind the school. Of
      course, we had the legend of the tunnel under the street connecting the
      school to the little city park...

      Predslava
    • Barcsi Janos
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 5, 2000
        --- MHoll@...
        > wrote:

        >But I'm envious of the woods behind the school. Of
        >course, we had the legend of the tunnel under the street connecting the
        >school to the little city park...

        You city kids, I swear.

        Across the street from me was miles of woods. Behind me was the river (Potomac). And all this talk of shoes makes my feet hurt. We NEVER wore shoes except for school, church, and other formal occasions...oh, and in the barn. They paved the road to our house just before we moved there, and when they did, they quit delivering mail by boat. We didn't get "city water" for years afterwards. But we didn't live in the country...there were 47 of us in our town.

        Janos

        ==
        The Honorable Lord
        SOV�NY BARCSI J�NOS
        c/o LTC J. C. Smith
        HQ USAREUR/7A
        CMR 420, BOX 2839
        APO AE 09063-283

        Get paid to surf and not surf http://All.Frodo.Com
      • Jenn/Yana
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 5, 2000
          Janos wrote:
          >And all this talk of shoes makes my feet hurt. We NEVER wore
          >shoes except for school, church, and other formal occasions...oh, and in the
          >barn. They paved the road to our house just before we moved there, and when
          >they did, they quit delivering mail by boat. We didn't get "city water" for
          >years afterwards. But we didn't live in the country...there were 47 of us
          >in our town.

          Yeah, yeah. And you had to walk barefoot in the snow to school (to save
          the nice shoes for wearing inside the school, as to not get the floors
          dirty), and it was uphill BOTH ways, right?
          ;-)

          --Yana (darn country folk...)
        • Barcsi Janos
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 5, 2000
            --- Jenn/Yana <jdmiller2@...>
            > wrote:

            And you had to walk barefoot in the snow to school (to save
            >the nice shoes for wearing inside the school, as to not get the floors
            >dirty), and it was uphill BOTH ways, right?

            Don't forget the bears...or was it lions? :)

            Janos

            ==

            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 6, 2000
              In a message dated 10/5/2000 3:07:30 AM Central Daylight Time,
              janos@... writes:

              > We NEVER wore shoes except for school, church, and other formal occasions...
              > oh, and in the barn.

              Ever since Tom Sawyer, it was my dream. And now I live in a climate where you
              can go barefoot year round.... except for fireants. And once you've stepped
              on a nest, you DO wear shoes outside...

              Yeah, city kids... Of course, in Europe, we weren't *all that* different from
              country kids... 47 people in your town, you say? That's a building anywhere
              on the continent where I grew up...

              Predslava,
              barely exagerating. Just barely.
            • Barcsi Janos
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 7, 2000
                --- MHoll@...
                > wrote:

                >Yeah, city kids... Of course, in Europe, we weren't *all that* different from
                >country kids... 47 people in your town, you say? That's a building anywhere
                >on the continent where I grew up...

                Yup. Just 47 of us (no exaggeration -- I still remember most of their names). There were also two mules named Sam and Joe, and a lot of horses, dogs, and cats. There are more people than that in the building I live in now, in Germany.

                Janos

                ==

                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 7, 2000
                  In a message dated 10/6/2000 1:47:36 AM Central Daylight Time,
                  janos@... writes:

                  > Don't forget the bears...or was it lions? :)

                  Oh my!

                  Predslava.
                • Jenn/Yana
                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 7, 2000
                    At 12:06 PM 10/7/00 -0500, you wrote:
                    >We're just too darn busy to keep up with all the stuff coming in. How can
                    >we unsubscribe?
                    >
                    >Ekaterina

                    Responded privately.

                    --Yana, list moderator