Re: [sig] research

  • Robert J Welenc
    Message 1 of 45 , Oct 2, 2000
      I said:
      >> > Did you
      >> > know that one of the most significant inventions in history was
      >> the
      >> > horse-collar? I'll bet your high-school history teacher never
      >> > mentioned it!
      >>
      >> Actually, I think she did, and it would have been one of the few
      >> useful facts... But of course that was in France.
      >>
      >> Predslava.
      >
      >I do remember reading that somewhere, probably about the time that I
      >was in high school... but I generally ignored my history teachers
      and
      >just read the book, so while they may or may not have mentioned it,
      >probably wasn't paying attention.

      <sigh> Mine didn't -- his method of 'teaching' was to stand in front
      of the class and *read the textbook aloud*. 'Tests' consisted of
      sentences from said textbook with a word or two missing: "Richard the
      Lion-Heart was a king of ___________ who went to the Holy Land on a
      ________.

      (This was the book that insisted that dinosaurs were the first land
      animals, and other 'facts' were about the same degree of accuracy as
      the previously mentioned Writer's Guide.)

      Alanna
      Saying of the day:
      How to tell if a politician is lying: his lips are moving.
    • dianna marsolek
      Message 45 of 45 , May 21, 2007
        go on the net and type in( Rus women's clothing) and you will get more than you think but for the most part long tunic and a good under dress and you got it
        ad the belt or you are naked