Re: [sig] Digest Number 428

  • MHoll@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2000
      In a message dated 9/30/2000 2:01:46 AM Central Daylight Time,
      alastair@... writes:

      > Nevertheless, a priest must regard doctrine/dogma as superceding
      > superstition, surely?

      Yes, and interestingly enough, it is the basis of the Russian Church's
      position (in period) on witches. Belief in witches is superstition, therefore
      there are no witches.

      Church officials actually defended women accused of witchcraft and protected
      them. Yes, I do have some more specific refs, somewhere in my files, and I'm
      too lazy to look them up.

      Predslava.