Re: [sig] Persona

  • MHoll@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 29, 2000
      In a message dated 9/27/2000 9:48:21 PM Central Daylight Time,
      LiudmilaV@... writes:

      > Now, somebody correct me if I am wrong againg, but I belive that in 1550
      > there were no Russian towns on Black Sea (if I am wrong, it will be
      terribly
      > embarassing as I grew up there and think I know the history of the region).

      > So, Kseniia could not be from a town near the Black Sea -- sorry.

      It would seem that you are quite correct. While earlier on Russia did reach
      to the Black Sea, it seems that around 1550 Poland, the Crimean Khanate and
      the Ottoman Empire (which did reach the Western shore of the Black Sea) cut
      Russia off completely from the Black Sea.

      Predslava.