English book on Pechenegs, Cumans

  • Dmitriy V. Ryaboy
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 15, 2000
      Went browsing the library today and found a book about Pechenegs and Cumans
      (aka Polovtsy) in English -- I think this is the first truly useful one from
      a reconstruction point of view that I've come across.

      Pechenegs, Cumans, Iasians
      steppe peoles in medieval Hungary

      By Andras Paloczi Horvath
      (accents on all lower-case a's and o in Paloczi)
      "Hereditas" Corvina, Hungary 1989
      ISSN 0133-3119
      ISBN 963 13 2740 X

      I haven't read the text, but it has lots of nice line drawings and
      photographs (!!) of Nomadic artifacts.

      Try to track it down if you are interested.

      -Dmitriy Shelomianin

      http://profiles.msn.com