Re: Cookbook of Old Czech cooking?

  • Alastair Millar
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 14, 2000
      Sorry to be so slow responding to this thread, but I missed the original
      post (I went nomail for a couple of days because of server problems...).

      Soraya - I'm afraid that <Velka C'eska Kuchar'ka> just means "The Big Czech
      Cookbook". A cookbook specifically about "Old Czech" cooking would be called
      something like <Staroc'eska kuchar'ka>.

      FWIW <Edice C'esky Klub> means "Czech Club Editions" and <Nakladatelstvi
      Josefa Simona> means "Josef Simon Publishing". I think I have recently seen
      a new edition of this book for sale in Prague: I'll check next time I'm in
      town.

      Anyone who wants to translate recipes for themselves might need the online
      Czech dictionaries listed at http://www.geocities.com/CzechEd/czdict.html -
      but if you get stuck, feel free to drop me a line as Cz>En translation makes
      up a fair proportion of my work IRL, and I run a mailing list of around 50
      Cz>En>Cz translators & interpreters.

      Cheers!

      Alastair

      Alastair Millar, BSc(Hons)