Medieval women

  • Elizabeth B. Naime
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 13, 2000
      ... I wonder if the subject line shouldn't be "uppity women of the Middle
      Ages"?

      Dimitriy wrote, in part,

      > That's what historians do, generally -- engage in propaganda. In this
      > specific case, it was "We are really important and the Byzantine emperor
      > wanted to marry our Knyazhna -- and she turned him down! Ha!" kind of
      > propaganda.

      Not only did she turn him down, she outsmarted him too. Neener neener
      neener (or, depending on where you grew up, Nyah nyah nyah)!

      > Why? Cause it's good for morale.

      You might say there's a morale to the story.

      Elspeth the ill-named, ducking
      Elizabeth Naime <elspeth@...>