Re: [sig] Re: Question about Orthodoxy

  • MHoll@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 9 8:40 AM
      In a message dated 9/9/2000 4:36:31 AM Central Daylight Time, alastair@...
      writes:

      > IIRC the whole list in order of primacy goes something like (...snip...)

      To be quite honest, that's more than I know. But what I was referring to was
      the cultures that were mainly Eastern Orthodox as opposed to Western
      Christian.

      > >If anything, the Eastern Churches can lay claim to a more
      > >direct descent from the original Christian Church.
      >
      > Having had the privilege of discussing this point with monks on the
      > Holy Mountain, Athos (despite being RC) I suggest that we refrain
      > from descending into this particular controversy...

      Nor do I want to. I was not referring to dogmas and other theological
      discussions, but rather about form and attitude -- more what we might be
      interested in for persona play than for personal growth. The latter is not
      appropriate for this list.

      But for persona play -- it seems to me that books on modern Orthodoxy would
      give us a good insight into period practices, since books on medieval
      Orthodoxy (especially in Russia) are rather rare and seldom sufficiently
      accurate, even more so in English.

      Predslava.