In Moscow

  • Christine Jacobs
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 5, 2000
      Dobry den', fellow Slavophiles!

      I took the plunge and I'm in Moscow for the year, studying at RGGU, the
      Russian State University for the Humanities, through Middlebury College. So
      far I'm planning on taking some classes in medieval Russian history and
      culture, and would you believe they have a course in the history of Eastern
      European costume?? Can anyone recommend any good museums in the general
      Moscow/Golden Ring region, or anything else related to our period to keep my
      eye out for?

      On a related note, on Saturday I coincidentally ran into a small group from
      the Moscow group "Northern Wolf" as they were just shutting down a
      demonstration. They're familiar with the SCA and asked me to come back next
      week so I could see more of what they're about. I'm hoping they're open to
      letting a complete amateur hang out with them...

      -- Kseniia Smol'nyanina

      Kseniia Smol'nyanina mka:Christine Jacobs
      Mountain Freehold chrstnj@...
      http://www.geocities.com/~chrstnj
      http://im.yahoo.com