Re: [sig] Domostroi-wear cites

  • Sarayya@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 5, 2000
      In a message dated 8/31/00 8:37:44 PM, timbo@... writes:

      << The Horizan History of Russia; Buehr, Wendy, Ed.; American Heritage
      Publishishing Company, Inc.; NY, NY; 1972; pgs. 52, 79
      (pg. 52 is huge but 17th C.; pg. 79 is a Novgoradian version of the
      famous "Vladimir - Sudzalian fight in the 14C but is a period piece)

      Dear 'dak,

      I have the same book, but it's copyright date is 1970 and what's on p. 52 is
      the period piece - it shows seven members of the Kuzmin family who
      commissioned this icon in 1467. The woman? on the far right looks like she
      might have the sleeves you are talking about. Are we looking at the same
      picture?

      Best regards from Soraya
    • timbo@marcon.org
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 5, 2000
        Sarayya,
        You're right, as usual. I hope you don't mind, but I asked Ilyana
        Barsova to scan in our pictures onto the Russian knowledge page from
        my visit. I show them at my costuming classes and thought it would be
        nice if folks cou;d put a face with your name and work.
        BTW, thanks for the info on the ID. I'll add it to my lists.
        'dak
      • Jenn/Yana
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 6, 2000
          >Sarayya,
          > You're right, as usual. I hope you don't mind, but I asked Ilyana
          >Barsova to scan in our pictures onto the Russian knowledge page from
          >my visit. I show them at my costuming classes and thought it would be
          >nice if folks cou;d put a face with your name and work.
          > BTW, thanks for the info on the ID. I'll add it to my lists.
          >'dak

          Umm...I assume that this was meant to be a private letter. I should let
          you (and everyone else) know that I already have scanned in the pics, about
          3 months ago. They are in the SIG Gallery at
          <http://www.sit.wisc.edu/~jdmiller2/gallery/index.html>. I have others
          that I will scan in, but now that school has started it will be slow. I
          will also probably be rescanning the ones that are now up because they
          aren't the best quality.

          --Yana
        • Jenn/Yana
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 6, 2000
            >I should let
            >you (and everyone else) know that I already have scanned in the pics, about
            >3 months ago. They are in the SIG Gallery at
            ><http://www.sit.wisc.edu/~jdmiller2/gallery/index.html>.

            Ooops....wrong address (although you are certainly welcome to send me
            pictures of yourself to put up there,, hint, hint)! The pictures in
            question are at <http://www.sit.wisc.edu/~jdmiller2/knowledge/images.html>
            (I went and looked this time). Click on the thumbnails to see a larger
            picture, yadda, yadda,yadda.

            --Yana
          • Sarayya@aol.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 10, 2000
              In a message dated 9/5/00 8:26:28 PM, timbo@... writes:
              << I hope you don't mind, but I asked Ilyana Barsova to scan in our pictures
              onto the Russian knowledge page from my visit. I show them at my costuming
              classes and thought it would be nice if folks could put a face with your name
              and work. >>

              Delighted to be there and in your pleasant company, 'dak.

              Soraya