Re: [sig] kokoshnik confusion/ Domostroi-wear

  • MHoll@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2000
      In a message dated 8/31/2000 6:17:33 PM Central Daylight Time,
      LiudmilaV@... writes:

      > Both are over-the-head types of clothing, accorging to
      > Giliarovskaia and others, one with wide flaring sleeves and the other with
      > narrow extra-long semi-fake sleeves. I can't quite picture those
      boiarynias
      > at a wedding wearing both.

      Yes, that's a thought that's been puzzling me, too. But right now, I get hot
      just thingking about it...

      Predslava
      (Can you tell I've had enough hot weather? For Goodness' sake, I'm a
      moderate-climate European, genetically speaking!)
    • Jenn/Yana
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1, 2000
        >e beat a heat record yesterday: officially 103
        >(humid) F. Which means it was even hotter in our neighborhood...

        I don't know what the temp was yesterday, but I spent the day in our
        basement and floated ice cubes in the fish tank to keep the water from
        getting too hot!

        --Yana