Re: [sig] Digest Number 400

  • Erin Halstad
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2000
      Greetings from Nadezhdha Toranova,

      Predslava wrote:
      I would love to hear what other people have done with their heads, I mean,
      headdresses.

      I have experimented with a few different things. I have 3 veils that I
      regularly play with. One is a very fine cotton square that I usually wear
      loose under a cap or else with the corners tucked under the cap. I have a
      fairly short, narrow silk veil that is just long enough to wrap over my head
      and under my chin (and drape across my head). With a fur trimmed cap on, it
      produces an effect similar to the one I have seen in a couple of manuscript
      images. It is a little plain and simple though. I also have a very long
      veil made of silk gauze - it is about 1m by 3m. I have experimented with a
      few ways to wear it. I like it wrapped over my head, under my chin and over
      the head again, leaving the ends to trail. It takes a cap to finish it off
      because the silk is very slippery and pins can damage it easily. The
      effect, particularly with a fur trimmed cap, is quite luxurious. I have
      played with it and my kokoshnik and haven't been completely satisfied with
      the reseults. It looks odd worn with the kokoshnik on top of it, but the
      veil hangs strangely when pinned to the kokoshnik. I may try using more
      pins. Any idea whether it should be under or over?

      Yours,
      Nadja