Re: [sig] Please excerpt Lev Gumilev's writings

  • V. Boitchenko
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 31, 2000

      Ludmila!

      Why did you think this was an argument. Gumilev was a fine scholar. Kevin has dug up some lies trying to present some antisemitic conspiracy. Just watch. In the next couple of posts everyone who does not like his theory will be guilty of all the sufferings of the Jews and the Holocaust. I repeat it: It is a shame! Laura was right, it is difficult to have a conversation about this matter. What ever happened to Kevin's appeals to archeology and written sources. Instead he has taken another tactic.

      Kevin! When you get familiar with Gumilev you will be embarrased of what you posted on this list

      Liudmila wrote:

      P.S.: Please, please don't think that I am picking on your arguments in
      particular -- I just don't want to get into this discussion for real, but
      some things bother me.

    • LiudmilaV@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 31, 2000
        In a message dated 8/31/2000 8:09:20 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
        venceslav@... writes:

        << ust watch. In the next couple of posts everyone who does not like his
        theory will be guilty of all the sufferings of the Jews and the Holocaust. >>

        No they won't. At least I hope not. Please let us not accuse each other of
        intentions such as this, and please let us keep this civil to each other and
        to the authors we discuss. Let us not call people names or imply that they
        deserve to be called names. This should not be personal.

        Liudmila,
        reaching for her assistant moderator hat (I almost forgot!)
      • Patricia Hefner
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 31, 2000
          In a message dated 8/31/2000 8:09:20 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
          > venceslav@... writes:
          >
          > << ust watch. In the next couple of posts everyone who does not like his
          > theory will be guilty of all the sufferings of the Jews and the Holocaust.
          >>

          > No they won't. At least I hope not. Please let us not accuse each other
          of
          > intentions such as this, and please let us keep this civil to each other
          and
          > to the authors we discuss. Let us not call people names or imply that
          they
          > deserve to be called names. This should not be personal.
          >
          > Liudmila,
          > reaching for her assistant moderator hat (I almost forgot!)

          I agree. Please, let's not get into a dispute over this. Calling people bad
          names and this sort of thing certainly doesn't belong in scholarly
          discussions. We are supposed to be civil and polite on this list, and to be
          perfectly honest that's what I expect from scholars, who are to engage in
          civil and knowledgeable discourse.

          Isabelle de Foix
          patricia.hefner@...
          Shire of Brantestone