Pennsic

  • Jen
    Message 1 of 20 , Aug 3, 2000
      *crawls out from her corner of observation*

      Hi, everyone!!!

      I've been reading the list for a little while now, but
      this is the first time I've posted.

      Looks like I'll be making Pennsic afterall!!!!

      Hopefully I'll run into some of you there. :)

      Out of curiosity, does anyone know how late Troll is
      open? I might not be coming in until late on Tues. the
      15th and wanted to make sure I could still get in.
      Because in the last years I've never had to worry
      about it, I didn't pay attention if it was open all
      night. I am *not* pre-registered, but I will have ppl
      there earlier in the week who have set up camp for me.

      Thanks!!

      Jennifer

      =====
      "Through dangers untold
      And hardships unnumbered,
      I have fought my way here
      To the castle beyond the goblin city
      For my will is as strong as yours
      And my kingdom as great
      You have no power over me." (Labyrinth)

      http://invites.yahoo.com/
    • Jenn/Yana
      Message 2 of 20 , Aug 31, 2000
        So what did people feel about Pennsic this year?

        The annual Party was smaller than before, but the people who did show were
        very enthusiastic. I re-met several List members (sorry if I didn't
        recognize you or remember your names) and the food was yummy. A special
        thanks goes to Sergei's family for providing us with cabbage pirozhkis!
        The kvas was a hit again (although I still can't imagine why) and remained
        very fizzy due to my making it with the lids ON this time. Bogdan brought
        rolled and shaped marzipan (and something else that I am blanking on) which
        was wolfed down at record speed. I brought gingerbread and turnip pudding,
        the latter of which I will be writing an article on for the next Slovo
        (See, I really HAVE to now that I publicly stated it. This is how I
        motivate myself.).

        Lots of information was handed out and people talked 'til late in the
        evening. A good party, overall.

        --Yana
      • Jessica Wilbur
        Message 3 of 20 , Aug 31, 2000

          > So what did people feel about Pennsic this year?

          <snip description of party>

          I had a great time at Pennsic this year! (makes up for last year when I got
          sick and spent most of the week in bed) I was sorry to miss the SIG party
          this year though - I had intended to go, but one generally doesn't turn down
          dinner invitations from Royal (especially when Mistress Clare de Crecy is
          cooking)! I took lots of cool classes - thanks to Jadwiga for the good one on
          Polish and Russian food.

          I brought gingerbread and turnip pudding,
          > the latter of which I will be writing an article on for the next Slovo
          > (See, I really HAVE to now that I publicly stated it. This is how I
          > motivate myself.).

          Turnip pudding? Sounds intriguing... not necessarily something I'd want to
          eat, but intriguing nonetheless! ;-)

          > Lots of information was handed out and people talked 'til late in the
          > evening. A good party, overall.
          >
          > --Yana

          Again, I'm sorry to have missed it... hopefully I will make it next year!

          --Smirenka
        • timbo@marcon.org
          Message 4 of 20 , Aug 31, 2000
            Is anyone doing a Bulgarian persona, say 14th - 16th century? I've
            been making a man's costume as research into my newest class manual
            but needed feedback from anyone doing the woman's version. If you're
            interested in co-writing a manual to be later posted on the web or
            used as the seed for a CA (hint, hint), drop me a line.
            'dak
            -wandering costumer de jour
          • Kate Jones
            Message 5 of 20 , Aug 31, 2000
              Yana sez:

              > So what did people feel about Pennsic this year?

              I've got to say I had a good time...met a bunch of nice and
              knowledgable people. Tried on someone's headdress. (Liudmila? Was that
              you? :) Took a bunch of pictures I haven't had a chance to develop
              yet, and ate two cabbage whatsises. Awesome.

              Speaking of which, I saw you taking a lot of pictures, Yana; any
              chance of you webbing 'em for us to look at? (And, yes, I'll web mine,
              too; soon as I get to it...)

              Kat'ryna
              --
              Kate Jones | I turned my world upside-down
              kate@... | and that's how everything landed...
              Message 6 of 20 , Aug 31, 2000
                Kat'ryna wrote:
                >I've got to say I had a good time...met a bunch of nice and
                >knowledgable people. Tried on someone's headdress. (Liudmila? Was that
                >you? :) Took a bunch of pictures I haven't had a chance to develop
                >yet, and ate two cabbage whatsises. Awesome.

                The headdress was Tamara's (she isn't on the List). It was definitely a
                modern kokoshnik, but it was very attractive.

                >Speaking of which, I saw you taking a lot of pictures, Yana; any
                >chance of you webbing 'em for us to look at? (And, yes, I'll web mine,
                >too; soon as I get to it...)

                Sheesh! I haven't even used up the roll of film yet! Yes, when they are
                developed I will put them on the web. I was going through my files today
                and re-found some more photos of people in Slavic garb, which I will also
                add to the photo gallery soon.

                --Yana
              • Bonnie Fowler
                Message 7 of 20 , Jul 25 5:19 AM
                  Greetings,

                  While I personally do not do Rus at this time my husband is trying to do
                  some research before makingup his mind. However since he cannot make Pennsic
                  I was hoping you wouldn't mind if I met with you to gain more working
                  knowledge. After all I am the (overworked)seamstress in the family.

                  Ysmeine de Dunewic
                • Lydia
                  Message 8 of 20 , Jun 9, 2004
                    I would like to attend the SIG get together at Pennsic. I will bring
                    something, but with the constraints of camping, I don't know what it would
                    be yet.

                    Thanks,
                    Lidiya Lijovic de Ragusa
                    Lydia Towery

                    http://messenger.yahoo.com/
                  • Lydia Leovic
                    Message 9 of 20 , Jul 13 4:17 PM
                      Rats! The SIG gathering is during the Children's Fete
                      in the Barn. How far away is that? Maybe I can slip
                      away for a couple minutes, but I am committed to
                      helping with the Fete.

                      Thank you for letting me know,
                      Lidia de Ragusa

                      "Respect is what we owe; love, what we give."
                      --Philip James Bailey

                      What's my latest fiber project?
                      http://lidia-ragusa.diaryland.com/

                      http://mail.yahoo.com
                    • DOUGLAS PETROFF
                      Message 10 of 20 , Jul 15 7:19 AM
                        M'Lady, If all things remain where they were for the last several years,
                        AE royal would be across the road, to the right of the marketplace, a
                        stones throw from the stave church, or across from the wagon that sells
                        the less expensive clothes. (From the barn, cross the road to the other
                        market, stay along the fence, take a left at the porta castles, and two
                        blocks in, on the corner.) My daughters may be working the event, so
                        baby/child watching might be a possibility, depending on what
                        happens.Let me know. Thanks Sergius B.
                      • aldo
                        Message 11 of 20 , May 30, 2007
                          If you do it, please let me know in a ggod time before so I can take a plane and fly over to make acuqiantance with u all! Ciao

                          Aldo from Italy
                          Message 12 of 20 , Feb 21, 2008
                            <<Trying to coordinate tracks by culture might be easier than by all SIG
                            interests: call me biased, but I'll hit a russian class before a polish
                            one... (sorry Pan Zygmunt! :D )>>
                            HEY, NOT FAIR!!! :D
                            --
                            Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski
                            "Most people live their lives as if they had another one in the bank" - Ben

                          • Marilyn
                            Message 13 of 20 , Jun 2, 2008
                              I'm still willing to help with Pennsic stuff. So let me know when you get a
                              time and day nailed down as well as what you need.

                              Marija

                            • Paul W Goldschmidt
                              Message 14 of 20 , Mar 30, 2011
                                Is anyone planning on hosting a SIG gathering this year at Pennsic?

                                -- Paul
                              • lori/ raven
                                Message 15 of 20 , Mar 30, 2011
                                  I'm not going to war this year.
                                  raven

                                  After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box.

                                  Message 16 of 20 , Mar 30, 2011
                                    I'll do it. Provided hearings aren't re-scheduled to a new date like last year. It'll be late afternnon so bring books, projects, any food or booze you want.
                                    'Dok

                                    On Wed Mar 30th, 2011 5:12 PM EDT Paul W Goldschmidt wrote:

                                    >Is anyone planning on hosting a SIG gathering this year at Pennsic?
                                    >
                                    >-- Paul

                                  • Patty
                                    Message 17 of 20 , Mar 30, 2011
                                      Very cool, 'Dok!

                                      Myself, I'm not sure of my Pennsic plans. I am unemployed (well, technically a "freelance writer"), so I have time but no money. If I get a job by then, I will have money but no time. So I don't know whether I will be at Pennsic just for the middle weekend, or for a bit longer, or what. If I can, I will attend the gathering, but it's so hard to plan that I don't know whether I should commit to teaching or anything.

                                      Sighing,
                                      Lady Patricia
                                      http://ladypatriciaoftrakai.blogspot.com

                                      I'll do it. Provided hearings aren't re-scheduled to a new date like last year.

                                      It'll be late afternnon so bring books, projects, any food or booze you want.

                                      'Dok

                                      On Wed Mar 30th, 2011 5:12 PM EDT Paul W Goldschmidt wrote:

                                      >Is anyone planning on hosting a SIG gathering this year at Pennsic?

                                      >-- Paul

                                      Individual Email | Traditional

                                      (Yahoo! ID required)

                                      sig-digest@yahoogroups.com

                                      sig-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                                      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                                      Message 18 of 20 , Mar 31, 2011
                                        I am not planning on going to Pennsic this year.

                                        (At the risk of getting things thrown at me: My husband & I are going to Disneyland & SanDiego ComicCon the week before Pennsic starts...)

                                        --Sfandra Dmitrieva

                                        ******************
                                        Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
                                        KOE, OM, Haus VDK, East Kingdom
                                        http://sfandra.webs.com
                                        ******************
                                        Never 'pearl' your butt.
                                        "Ja mogu sdelat' to."
                                        ******************
                                      • Petr
                                        Message 19 of 20 , Apr 1, 2011
                                          > I'll do it.

                                          Marija and I will be there (Peace week Wednesday through War week Friday), so let me know if you need a hand.

                                          Petr Kotok
                                        • Paul W Goldschmidt
                                          Message 20 of 20 , Apr 4, 2011
                                            Mordak,

                                            Are you going to sign up for an A&S tent or do
                                            you plan to hold it in a provate camp?

                                            Thanks,
                                            Paul