Re: [sig] Pennsic pity party

  • LiudmilaV@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 25, 2000
      In a message dated 7/24/2000 11:15:09 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
      Sarayya@... writes:

      << For me, in mid-summer, I prefer indoors and
      air-conditioning. And two of us will not make a very large party. Are there
      any others? Have you seen the new Scythian Gold exhibit at the LA County
      Museum of Art? The Russian display of objects at the Queen Mary in Long
      Beach? Maybe you'd like to come to L.A. and have a day of Slavic objects and
      an evening get-together?

      I'd party, but I sure won't go to Bakersfield! Assuming that I would be able
      to leave San Diego at all during that time, I think Soraya's museum plan is
      attractive.

      Liudmila
    • Amy Tubbs
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 25, 2000
        Message in text.

        >Having never been to a 'pity party' before (and having
        >never made it to Pennsic yet!) I am now looking for >information on what a
        >'pity party' consists of.

        A "pity party" is where people get together and say, "Oh, pity me (us) for I
        (we) could not do/go to__________. Then they have a potluck or order out
        for food and proceed to have a great time together dispite the fact that
        they could not do/go to__________.

        >For me, in mid-summer, I prefer indoors and
        >air-conditioning. And two of us will not make a very >large party. Are
        >there any others?

        I agree FULLY on the indoors w/ airconditioning! (It was my parents who
        moved me to this desert community from San Diego!) Aak! All are invited to
        join us. Anyone out there interested in getting together?

        >Have you seen the new Scythian Gold exhibit at the LA >County Museum of
        >Art? The Russian display of objects at >the Queen Mary in Long Beach? Maybe
        >you'd like to come >to L.A. and have a day of Slavic objects and
        >an evening get-together?

        I have seen niether. I have no problem coming down to L.A. and would love
        to see the exibits. An evening get-together sounds good, too. I could
        probably pick one or two people up along the way if they need
        transportation.

        --Aleksandra "Sasha" Ivanovna Molotova
        Amy M. Tubbs
        661-396-8982

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 25, 2000
          In a message dated 7/25/00 10:44:52 AM, sashamolotova@... writes:

          <<I have no problem coming down to L.A. and would love
          to see the exibits. An evening get-together sounds good, too. I could
          probably pick one or two people up along the way if they need
          transportation.>>

          O.K. starting to sound like a plan. Liudmila (from San Diego/Calafia, who
          just happens to be my apprentice) may be able to join us. There's room for
          four (or squeezing, five) in my air-conditioned Honda Accord, to do the
          museum tour. If we get more people, we can take more cars.

          I have a membership at LA County Museum of Art, and could get two to four of
          us in for free. Otherwise it's only $5. per person. If we go to the Queen
          Mary, it's $10. each to get into that exhibit.

          We can have our little pity party at my house, after the museum tour. (I'm
          about 15-20 minutes northeast of LACMA, right near the Hollywood sign.)

          I'm glad I've got two weeks to straighten up my house. Projects exploding
          everywhere. Lots of Russian books to look at here.

          Soraya
        • LiudmilaV@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 25, 2000
            In a message dated 7/25/2000 3:11:08 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
            Sarayya@... writes:

            << O.K. starting to sound like a plan. Liudmila (from San Diego/Calafia, who
            just happens to be my apprentice) may be able to join us. >>>

            << I'm glad I've got two weeks to straighten up my house. Projects exploding
            everywhere. Lots of Russian books to look at here. >>

            I am working on it, Mistress Soraya, I am! I just happened to pack away some
            of my references too early, so I can't site reasons for corrections in your
            notes specifically.
            Still, you may not need that just yet, so I will e-mail the notes soon as I
            am satisfied with them.

            Your shamefully procrastinating apprentice,
            Liudmila
          • LiudmilaV@aol.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 25, 2000
              Oops. Please excuse me, my last message was supposed to be private to
              Soraya. I didn't really have to tell everyone that I am slow...

              Blushing,

              Liudmila