Sergei's Party

  • Robert Parker
    Message 1 of 21 , Jul 8, 1999
      Well folks, I never really planned a party. Since this is my first
      Pennsic and all I haven't got a clue as to what to expect. Originally,
      when everyone was up in arms about me being "renamed", Mordak invited me
      to have a beer with him and somehow it turned into a party. Since
      Mordak isn't going to be there, I don't know what to do. Any
      suggestions would be helpful. If anyone wants to help plan another
      Slavic party besides the one on Tuesday, I would be more than happy to
      help and do whatever. Any ideas?

      In service.

      Sergei Stepanovich Bezrukov
    • timbo@xxxxxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 21 , Jul 9, 1999
        Sergei wrote:
        Originally,
        when everyone was up in arms about me being "renamed", Mordak invited
        me to have a beer with him and somehow it turned into a party. Since
        Mordak isn't going to be there, I don't know what to do.

        'dak wrote:
        Hey, Mordak wants to be there but my wife wants a REAL honeymoon
        (albeirt 5 years late....). Otherwise, I'd be in the thick of the
        planning and might even be teasing you into jumping the bonfire with
        the Dogs at Tuchuck camp on thier open camp night. Big fun & plenty
        of beer....I know all the parties at Pennsic but I would give my
        eye's teeth to see pictures, but not my patient wife..
      • Jenn/Yana
        Message 3 of 21 , Jul 14, 1999
          My suggestion, especially since this is your first Pennsic, is to have a
          small private gathering at your camp instead of a full-blown party. A beer
          or drink of your choice with a few attendees would be very relaxing after a
          hard, hot day of battles and shopping. Much easier (and cheaper) for you.
          Get a feel for the types of parties pennsic holds (you must at least walk
          by the Pentwyvern one, although it is not SCA period and I would never
          suggest people attend such a heathen display) and then perhaps volunteer to
          help out at the next (or the current) Slavic Festival. Always looking for
          more bodies....

          At 10:09 PM 7/8/1999 -0600, you wrote:
          >From: Robert Parker <parkrobe@...>
          >
          >Well folks, I never really planned a party. Since this is my first
          >Pennsic and all I haven't got a clue as to what to expect. Originally,
          >when everyone was up in arms about me being "renamed", Mordak invited me
          >to have a beer with him and somehow it turned into a party. Since
          >Mordak isn't going to be there, I don't know what to do. Any
          >suggestions would be helpful. If anyone wants to help plan another
          >Slavic party besides the one on Tuesday, I would be more than happy to
          >help and do whatever. Any ideas?
          >
          >In service.
          >
          >Sergei Stepanovich Bezrukov

          >Campaign 2000 is here!
          >http://www.onelist.com
          >Discuss your thoughts; get informed at ONElist. See our homepage.

        • Robert Parker
          Message 4 of 21 , Jul 14, 1999
            Yana,
            That is probably the best plan.

            Thanks,
            Sergei
          • Diane S. Sawyer
            Message 5 of 21 , Jul 14, 1999
              --- Robert Parker <parkrobe@...> wrote:
              > From: Robert Parker <parkrobe@...>
              >
              > Yana,
              > That is probably the best plan.
              >
              > Thanks,
              > Sergei

              Where will people be camping? As of right now, I'm at
              Herald's Camp (N1), though I might end up in N3.
              Either way, it'll be central.

              Tasha
              ===
              Lady Nastasiia Ivanova Medvedeva
              Milestone Pursuivant
              Shire of Quintavia
              East Kingdom
            • Diane S. Sawyer
              Message 6 of 21 , Jul 14, 1999
                --- Robert Parker <parkrobe@...> wrote:
                > From: Robert Parker <parkrobe@...>
                >
                > No clue where I will be camped. Someone else took
                > care of that.
                >
                > Sergei

                The land allocation list is up at the Pennsic website:
                http://www.pennsicwar.org

                Or, since I'm anal and nosy (heh heh) I captured the
                campsite data. What is the name of your encampment?

                Tasha
              • Robert Parker
                Message 7 of 21 , Jul 14, 1999
                  No clue where I will be camped. Someone else took care of that.

                  Sergei
                • Danks Cole
                  Message 8 of 21 , Jul 14, 1999
                    My Lord and I are signed up for Camp Silverchannel

                    Vlakh

                    "Diane S. Sawyer" wrote:

                    > From: "Diane S. Sawyer" <tasha_medved@...>
                    >
                    > --- Robert Parker <parkrobe@...> wrote:
                    > > From: Robert Parker <parkrobe@...>
                    > >
                    > > Yana,
                    > > That is probably the best plan.
                    > >
                    > > Thanks,
                    > > Sergei
                    > >

                    > Where will people be camping? As of right now, I'm at
                    > Herald's Camp (N1), though I might end up in N3.
                    > Either way, it'll be central.
                    >
                    > Tasha
                    > ===
                    > Lady Nastasiia Ivanova Medvedeva
                    > Milestone Pursuivant
                    > Shire of Quintavia
                    > East Kingdom
                    >
                    > ONElist users: YOU can win a $100 gift certificate to Amazon.com.
                    > http://www.onelist.com
                    > Check out the FRIENDS & FAMILY program to find out how. See homepage.

                  • Diane S. Sawyer
                    Message 9 of 21 , Jul 14, 1999
                      --- Danks Cole <corgano@...> wrote:
                      > From: Danks Cole <corgano@...>
                      >
                      > My Lord and I are signed up for Camp Silverchannel
                      >
                      > Vlakh
                      >
                      > "Diane S. Sawyer" wrote:
                      >

                      > > Where will people be camping? As of right now,
                      > I'm at
                      > > Herald's Camp (N1), though I might end up in N3.
                      > > Either way, it'll be central.
                      > >
                      > > Tasha

                      You're in W09, which is at the back, behind the Rune
                      Stone, across Merchant's Row from me. I'm so glad
                      you're going! I look forward to seeing your beadwork!

                      Tasha
                    • Diane S. Sawyer
                      Message 10 of 21 , Jul 14, 1999
                        --- Danks Cole <corgano@...> wrote:
                        > From: Danks Cole <corgano@...>
                        >
                        > Fiddlestix..that mean I have to do some more stuff
                        > now? I've slacked a bit
                        > do to lack of inspiration... havign some trouble
                        > with the web part of the
                        > Silverchannel favor too..*sigh*
                        >
                        > Vlakh

                        LOL... no... just show me what you've done thus far...
                        works in progress are cool, too. I'm still working on
                        my lord's favor, too. We just created a badge
                        (haven't submitted it yet), and I'd like to bead it,
                        so maybe you can teach me a bit!

                        (In case anyone's interested, it's Vert, goutty d'Or,
                        upon a tower argent a bear rampant sable, which
                        translates into a green field with gold droplets all
                        over it, and a black bear rampant on a white tower.)

                        Tasha
                      • Danks Cole
                        Message 11 of 21 , Jul 14, 1999

                          "Diane S. Sawyer" wrote:

                          > From: "Diane S. Sawyer" <tasha_medved@...>
                          >
                          > --- Danks Cole <corgano@...> wrote:
                          > > From: Danks Cole <corgano@...>
                          > >
                          > > My Lord and I are signed up for Camp Silverchannel
                          > >
                          > > Vlakh
                          > >
                          > > "Diane S. Sawyer" wrote:
                          > >

                          > > > Where will people be camping? As of right now,
                          > > I'm at
                          > > > Herald's Camp (N1), though I might end up in N3.
                          > > > Either way, it'll be central.
                          > > >
                          > > > Tasha
                          >
                          > You're in W09, which is at the back, behind the Rune
                          > Stone, across Merchant's Row from me. I'm so glad
                          > you're going! I look forward to seeing your beadwork!
                          >
                          > Tasha
                          >
                          > Start a new ONElist list & you can WIN great prizes!
                          > http://www.onelist.com
                          > See homepage for details on ONElist's new "FRIENDS & FAMILY" program.

                        • Jenn/Yana
                          Message 12 of 21 , Jul 14, 1999
                            Already posted this, but I'll keep current with the discussion.

                            Paul and I will be camping with Clan Cambion (has the Stonehenge gate) at
                            the corner of Brewer's and something (E15). Look for our banners. We
                            should arrive Aug 9 Monday.

                            Good gods Tasha, have you ever camped "downtown" before? The move of
                            Herald's Camp is why we don't camp with them anymore. Noisy, noisy and not
                            very pretty. But you are right, it is very central and convenient to
                            everything. A short walk to the showers, the store and the marketplace.

                            >> > Where will people be camping? As of right now,
                            >> I'm at Herald's Camp (N1), though I might end up in N3.
                            >> > Either way, it'll be central.
                            >> >
                            >> > Tasha

                            ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
                            Ilyana Barsova (Yana) jdmiller2@...
                            http://www.sit.wisc.edu/~jdmiller2
                            Slavic Interest Group http://www.uwplatt.edu/~goldschp/slavic.html
                          • Danks Cole
                            Message 13 of 21 , Jul 14, 1999
                              Hehe...if i teach you..i'l have to teach everybody else...8P

                              j/k

                              The lady to ask is Lady Grizel..she's the one who taught me...a really good
                              teacher..

                              Vlakh

                              "Diane S. Sawyer" wrote:

                              > From: "Diane S. Sawyer" <tasha_medved@...>
                              >
                              > --- Danks Cole <corgano@...> wrote:
                              > > From: Danks Cole <corgano@...>
                              > >
                              > > Fiddlestix..that mean I have to do some more stuff
                              > > now? I've slacked a bit
                              > > do to lack of inspiration... havign some trouble
                              > > with the web part of the
                              > > Silverchannel favor too..*sigh*
                              > >
                              > > Vlakh
                              > >

                              > LOL... no... just show me what you've done thus far...
                              > works in progress are cool, too. I'm still working on
                              > my lord's favor, too. We just created a badge
                              > (haven't submitted it yet), and I'd like to bead it,
                              > so maybe you can teach me a bit!
                              >
                              > (In case anyone's interested, it's Vert, goutty d'Or,
                              > upon a tower argent a bear rampant sable, which
                              > translates into a green field with gold droplets all
                              > over it, and a black bear rampant on a white tower.)
                              >
                              > Tasha
                              >
                              > Show your ONElist SPIRIT!
                              > http://www.onelist.com
                              > With a new ONElist SHIRT available through our website.

                            • Diane S. Sawyer
                              Message 14 of 21 , Jul 14, 1999
                                --- Jenn/Yana <jdmiller2@...> wrote:
                                > From: Jenn/Yana <jdmiller2@...>
                                >
                                > Already posted this, but I'll keep current with the
                                > discussion.
                                >
                                > Paul and I will be camping with Clan Cambion (has
                                > the Stonehenge gate) at
                                > the corner of Brewer's and something (E15). Look
                                > for our banners. We
                                > should arrive Aug 9 Monday.
                                >
                                > Good gods Tasha, have you ever camped "downtown"
                                > before? The move of
                                > Herald's Camp is why we don't camp with them
                                > anymore. Noisy, noisy and not
                                > very pretty. But you are right, it is very central
                                > and convenient to
                                > everything. A short walk to the showers, the store
                                > and the marketplace.

                                umm... no. I've never camped ANYWHERE at Pennsic, but
                                since you ask... I was going to camp with my
                                boyfriend's household, but then I dumped him, so I
                                didn't think it would be a good idea to be in that
                                encampment. June 1 was fast approaching, and not
                                wanting to be in singles camping with strangers, I
                                decided to bite the bullet and register at a camp
                                where I knew I would have SOMETHING in common with the
                                other people there. Now I am being considered for
                                membership in a household that will be at a large
                                encampment at N03, so I may end up there.

                                However, I believe my title for the week will be "War
                                Vocal Herald," so being in a central location will be
                                good. I've been a soldier for a LONG time... I can
                                sleep anywhere, just about.

                                I plan on making a lot of visits, and now you all know
                                (about) where I'll be, so I'll see you all there!!!!!

                                Tasha
                              • Jenn/Yana
                                Message 15 of 21 , Jul 14, 1999
                                  Tasha wrote:
                                  >umm... no. I've never camped ANYWHERE at Pennsic, but
                                  >since you ask... I was going to camp with my
                                  >boyfriend's household, but then I dumped him
                                  <snip>
                                  >Now I am being considered for
                                  >membership in a household that will be at a large
                                  >encampment at N03, so I may end up there.

                                  Oooo....I see. If you end up downtown, don't worry, it isn't all that bad.
                                  I was just (trying) to be funny. Paul is a light sleeper and I like the
                                  quiet, otherwise we both like being in a central location. Of course, we
                                  are camped just up the hill from Pentwyvern and next to one of the "Fairy"
                                  camps, so it isn't all that quiet. (Sorry about the boyfriend thing, I
                                  know what that's like)

                                  I understand what you mean about having a connection to the people you camp
                                  with. We currently camp with a large group from the DC area (we live in
                                  Wisconsin, so it is a little strange). Our only connection to them is
                                  through the Heralds and I am not a Herald (although as people can attest, I
                                  have a loud voice, remember the storm during last year's meeting?) and I
                                  hadn't even met them before last year.

                                  >However, I believe my title for the week will be "War
                                  >Vocal Herald," so being in a central location will be
                                  >good. I've been a soldier for a LONG time... I can
                                  >sleep anywhere, just about.

                                  Ahhhh, crying the camp. We need more people like you!
                                  ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
                                  Message 16 of 21 , Jul 14, 1999
                                    --- Jenn/Yana <jdmiller2@...> wrote:
                                    > From: Jenn/Yana <jdmiller2@...>
                                    >
                                    > Oooo....I see. If you end up downtown, don't worry,
                                    > it isn't all that bad.
                                    > I was just (trying) to be funny. Paul is a light
                                    > sleeper and I like the
                                    > quiet, otherwise we both like being in a central
                                    > location. Of course, we
                                    > are camped just up the hill from Pentwyvern and next
                                    > to one of the "Fairy"
                                    > camps, so it isn't all that quiet. (Sorry about the
                                    > boyfriend thing, I
                                    > know what that's like)

                                    S'okay... nothing like a new one to make you forget
                                    the old one! (Bertran who?)

                                    {snip}
                                    > >However, I believe my title for the week will be
                                    > "War
                                    > >Vocal Herald," so being in a central location will
                                    > be
                                    > >good. I've been a soldier for a LONG time... I can
                                    > >sleep anywhere, just about.
                                    >
                                    > Ahhhh, crying the camp. We need more people like
                                    > you!

                                    And if any of the good gentles reading this would like
                                    to volunteer to help cry the camp, do let me know! I
                                    could use all the help I can get! While I am LOUD (as
                                    those who know me will attest), I can't cry for 10,000
                                    people by myself! I am the coordinator, but I don't
                                    doubt that I will be yelling, too. Non-heralds who
                                    can project and are willing to learn are encouraged
                                    (read: begged) to apply!

                                    Tasha
                                    ===
                                    Lady Nastasiia Ivanova Medvedeva
                                    Milestone Pursuivant
                                    Shire of Quintavia
                                    East Kingdom
                                  • Jessica Wilbur
                                    Message 17 of 21 , Jul 14, 1999

                                      > Where will people be camping? As of right now, I'm at
                                      > Herald's Camp (N1), though I might end up in N3.
                                      > Either way, it'll be central.
                                      >
                                      > Tasha

                                      I will be in N01, with House Ingolfsson... near the highway. =( NOT my first choice, but
                                      my housemate's knight said that's where we're camping, so that's where we're camping.
                                      Oh, well. Just a note: should anyone drop by the camp looking for me, remember to ask
                                      for Muireann. Smirenka hasn't made her public debut yet, though Muireann has been
                                      spotted wearing clothing looking suspiciously Russian. ;-) My baron commented on my
                                      being a good Irish Russian woman... hey, why not.. we have a Scottish Mongol among our
                                      ranks as well.

                                      --Smirenka (and her evil twin Muireann)
                                    • Jessica Wilbur
                                      Message 18 of 21 , Jul 14, 1999

                                        > I understand what you mean about having a connection to the people you camp
                                        > with. We currently camp with a large group from the DC area (we live in
                                        > Wisconsin, so it is a little strange). Our only connection to them is
                                        > through the Heralds and I am not a Herald (although as people can attest, I
                                        > have a loud voice, remember the storm during last year's meeting?) and I
                                        > hadn't even met them before last year.

                                        Hi Yana,

                                        I am also from the DC area, and I know some folks in Cambion. (One of my scribe buddies
                                        is a Cambionite, I believe...) They're nice folks and I think you will have a lot of fun camping
                                        with them. I know it's a little unnerving to camp with folks you don't know very well, having
                                        been there, but I don't think you will have any problems.

                                        --Smirenka
                                      • Diane S. Sawyer
                                        Message 19 of 21 , Jul 14, 1999
                                          --- Jessica Wilbur <jessica@...> wrote:
                                          > From: "Jessica Wilbur" <jessica@...>
                                          >

                                          > > Where will people be camping? As of right now,
                                          > I'm at
                                          > > Herald's Camp (N1), though I might end up in N3.
                                          > > Either way, it'll be central.
                                          > >
                                          > > Tasha
                                          >
                                          > I will be in N01, with House Ingolfsson... near the
                                          > highway. =( NOT my first choice, but
                                          > my housemate's knight said that's where we're
                                          > camping, so that's where we're camping.
                                          > Oh, well. Just a note: should anyone drop by the
                                          > camp looking for me, remember to ask
                                          > for Muireann. Smirenka hasn't made her public debut
                                          > yet, though Muireann has been
                                          > spotted wearing clothing looking suspiciously
                                          > Russian. ;-) My baron commented on my
                                          > being a good Irish Russian woman... hey, why not..
                                          > we have a Scottish Mongol among our
                                          > ranks as well.
                                          >
                                          > --Smirenka (and her evil twin Muireann)

                                          We're neighbors!!!!!!!!!! yay!!!!!!!!!!

                                          Tasha the Easily Excitable
                                        • Jenn/Yana
                                          Message 20 of 21 , Jul 14, 1999
                                            Thanks for the encouragement! They _are_ good people. We camped with them
                                            last year and all went well. Most of the members were off at a Sci-Fi
                                            convention for most of the War, so camp was pleasantly medium sized. We
                                            are going to be a bit more crowded this year. Eeep!

                                            The major change is that the shower line in camp will be longer and I might
                                            not be the first one in this time (I'm one of the few who could
                                            successfully light the boiler).

                                            ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
                                            Ilyana Barsova (Yana) jdmiller2@...
                                            http://www.sit.wisc.edu/~jdmiller2
                                            Slavic Interest Group http://www.uwplatt.edu/~goldschp/slavic.html
                                          • Elizabeth Lear
                                            Message 21 of 21 , Jul 14, 1999
                                              As usual, I will be in Venshavn, which is down by the lake. If you're
                                              walking around and you see the ornate carved wooden gate with entwined
                                              snakes surrounding the name, stop by and say hi. You'll pass it on
                                              the wagon if you're headed to the swimming holes.

                                              -Yelizaveta