Re: [sig] Re: A new topic

  • Sean Hinckley
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 3, 2000
      Greetings and Thank you!

      Yes, please share the web pages information. I've been looking at those
      that were noted in this SIG and if you have others to share publically or
      privately please send them to me. My wife, Elizabeth, and I have found
      there is very little information about Russian clothing that includes (and
      this is the key)- patterns. I'll take any historical costuming information
      that pertains to Russia and the Ukraine but I am specifically after patterns
      and there seems to be a severe lack of such.

      I have an excellent book on Ukrainian clothing [thin hard cover called
      Ukrainian Costumes] which I purchased in Edmonton Alberta (published in
      Australia). We are using this book, along with period paintings/drawings,
      etc., to guide us in the creation of some Russian/Ukrainian garb. I
      attempted to locate the publisher - no luck. We just happen to be taking a
      trip back to Canada to visit relatives so one of our specific buying
      excursions will be the search for books at Ukrainian shops.

      Gwilym