Re: [sig] Food Recipes PLEASE!!!

  • MHoll@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 2 3:07 PM
      In a message dated 7/2/2000 1:05:31 PM Central Daylight Time,
      jenne@... writes:

      > Hm. Could Pirogi be the Polish (Slovak, Czech, etc.) name for Pelmeni?

      Anything is possible. I don't have a Polish dictionary on hand, but that's
      where I would start. As long as we're all straight on the issue that *in
      Russian* pel'meni are boiled (sometimes also fried, usually the second day)
      and that pirogi are bakes pastries, I have no problem with *other* Slavs
      calling them whatever they want... :-)

      Predslava,
      on a crusade to reclaim Russian names for Russian dishes...