russian Illumination

  • Jeff Heilveil
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29, 2000
      Here's some books I hit on medieval illuminations...
      Title: Russkaia azbuka v initsialakh XI-XVI vekov /
      [sostavlenie, vstupitel'naia stat'ia, G.V.
      Published: Moskva : "Skriptorii", 1998.
      Format: 159 p. : ill. (chiefly col.) ; 27 cm.
      Subject: Illumination of books and manuscripts, Russian.
      Illumination of books and manuscripts, Medieval
      Other Name: Aksenova, Galina Vladimirovna.
      Other Title: Russkaia azbuka v initsialakh 11-16 vekov
      Russkaia azbuka v initsialakh
      LIBRARY HOLDINGS AT
      1. LOCATION: UIUC Main Stacks -- CALL NUMBER: 745.670947 R921
      STATUS: Available

      ---

      Title: The life of St. Alexander Nevsky : from a
      sixteenth-century Russian illuminated codex ;
      the
      Edition: Izd. 2-e.
      Published: St. Petersburg : Aurora Art Publishers, 1992.
      Format: [86, 12, 12] p. : col. ill. ; 40 cm.
      Subject: Alexander, Grand-Duke of Vladimir, 1220-1263.
      Zhitie Aleksandra Nevskogo--Illustrations.
      Other Name: Rozov, Nikolai Nikolaevich
      Other Title: Litsevoi letopisnyi svod XVI veka.
      Zhitie Aleksandra Nevskogo.

      HTH
      In service.
      Cu drag,
      Bogdan
      Jeffrey Heilveil M.S. Ld. Bogdan de la Brasov, C.W.
      Department of Entomology A Bear's paw and base vert on field argent
      University of Illinois
      heilveil@...
      office: (217) 244-5115
      home: (217) 355-5702
      ICQ: 34699710

      Once one dismisses the rest of all possible worlds, one finds that this is
      the best of all possible worlds.
      -Voltaire, _Candide_