russian garb and names

  • sway
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 11, 2000
      Zdravstvuyte
      As I'm finally attending an event, I've found I need garb! (And I've come
      out of ghost-mode :) )
      It will be quite hot at the event I'm going to (middle of summer), and most
      likely quite dusty. What sort of material will be period (or at least look
      it), but be light enough so I won't get overheated?
      Also, what sort of colours/patterns are good? Early period, if it helps,
      around 9th century.

      Another thing. I wonder if there is a Russian/Slavic equivelent for the
      English "Stephanie" - It's my mundane life and going under anything other
      than that (except my mundane nickname Sway) is just..strange for me.

      Thank you for reading and hopefully helping! :)
      Sway