Re: [sig] Bohemian garb

  • Jenny Hess
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 10, 2000
      Greetings, All and Sundry

      As Alena mentioned, "I haven't a thing to wear!" in my quest to be true to
      my claimed culture . And to make it worse I have all this splendid fabric &
      trim that I'm sure is suitable for a woman of early northern persuasion,
      but I wont let myself cut it till I know the new proper shape & cut of
      garments.

      To be more specific, I'm interested in the early 900's. As traveleng
      merchant (and since earlier seems to coioncide with scarce for information,
      especially for women's wear) I dont mind things from nearby areas that may
      be suitable. Time is more important than place.

      Pictures of anyone of you wearing your garb of a similar time & place,
      diagrams of the cut, would be a great step ahead. Even just descriptions.
      Out here in the Hinterland (Nova Scotia) Slavic is barely heard of , much
      less seen. Dont mention libraries.Now I can accept picture files, if that
      helps any.

      Hoping & hoping & very glad of this forum
      Enna, Bonetrader from Ruantallan