Re: quick recipe

  • Linda Learn
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2000
      Simple...not too costly...well liked.... got one.
      However, it is not documentable. I know they had the type of ingredients
      in period.....except its theorized that the cucumber isn't the same as what
      we have now.
      It's a Polish dip that I was served when my Mother and I went to Poland in
      '85 and visited relatives.

      It is: 1 pint container sour cream
      1 reg size package cream cheese
      cucumber, sliced paper thin ( about 1 small one)
      radishes , sliced paper thin (about 4 large ones)
      either sweet onion minced fine or onion powder to taste
      garlic powder to taste
      salt and pepper to taste
      serve with thin pumpernickel bread....or any sturdy bread....or with bread
      and salad (makes a wonderful dressing too.)If you use a food processor ,
      blend the cheeses and spices first then dump in the veggies and short burst
      it, you will end up with cut up veggies....and as one person put it "texture
      like hummus..I like it!" The way it was served to use was with the
      veggies stirred in and still in their paper thin state. But for the sake of
      speed we used the food processor, pre-made it two days before and
      refrigerated it. I sliced the veggies by hand but if you have one of the
      thin slicer thingies that could be quick and easy also.
      We made up 5 batches of the above and served about 70 people this weekend.
      And ended up with only a cup left over because of the requests for refills
      at tables.

      > OKay, I need help here form people if youw ould be so kind.
      >
      > As I have mentioned countless times, I am organising a slavic social for
      Murder Melee (another shamelss plug) and I need food recipes.

      > Something simple, not that costly to mass produce, and something that most
      people would like. ANy suggestions?!

      > I would prefer Russian recipes, but I'll take anything (except
      kvas...can't produce it...I'm not of drinking age, therefore no home-made
      alcohol).

      > If anyone (and I mean ANYONE!) can help me, I would truly appreciate it.
      >
      > Kseniia Nikolaevna (who is battling 2 school projects, getting organised
      to get herself to an event and trying to organise a social and get
      authorised for fencing...just too busy!)