Re: [sig] Pennsic classes

  • Jenn/Yana
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 4, 2000
      >I was just curious as to whether most classes at
      >Pennsic need to be pre-registered. I would like to get
      >to some this year, but because I pretty much won't
      >know if I'm going to Pennsic until the week before I
      >leave, I can't do any pre-reg.

      They open registration the morning before the class actually happens, if
      the class requires a sign-up. It depends entirely on the class itself.
      The Pennsic handbook (which you get when you arrive) will say which ones
      require pre-registration, which ones have a class limit or fees, etc.
      Don't worry, you'll make it to lots of classes! :-)

      --Yana
    • Diane S. Sawyer
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 4, 2000
        --- Jen <jvojtasko@...> wrote:
        > Good day, all!
        > First time posting here. :)
        >
        > I was just curious as to whether most classes at
        > Pennsic need to be pre-registered. I would like to get
        > to some this year, but because I pretty much won't
        > know if I'm going to Pennsic until the week before I
        > leave, I can't do any pre-reg.
        >
        > Thanks and hope to meet some of you there!
        >
        > - Jennifer

        I'm pretty sure you register *at* Pennsic. You get up early, go to
        Information Point (where the A&S Table is located), and stand in
        line, hoping that the classes you want to register for will still be
        open by the time you get to the head of the line. Not all classes
        require registration; you can find out from A&S. It's usually the
        ones that have kits as part of the class that have limited
        attendance.

        Tasha

        Yahoo! Photos -- now, 100 FREE prints!
        http://photos.yahoo.com
      • LiudmilaV@aol.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 4, 2000
          In a message dated 6/3/2000 7:19:37 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
          jdmiller2@... writes:

          << Among the SIG members teaching classes (I know I've missed some, please
          correct me):
          Jadwiga
          Paul Wickenden
          Liudmila
          Iaroslava Ivanova
          Yaakov
          Maria Piekneplotno
          Keran Roslin >>

          One correction -- no Liudmila class... I won't be going, much as I wanted
          to. I had it confirmed recently that am expecting a baby, and it seems that
          Pennsic conditions (thank you all for the information) are not favorable for
          pregnancies. For those in Caid, Mistress Soraya and I are trying to arrange
          to teach a class on costuming and headwear at fall Collegium.

          Liudmila
        • Kuzniar, Wendy
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 5, 2000
            CONGRATULATIONS!

            Nekzha

            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 5, 2000

              > One correction -- no Liudmila class... I won't be going, much as I wanted
              > to. I had it confirmed recently that am expecting a baby, and it seems that
              > Pennsic conditions (thank you all for the information) are not favorable for
              > pregnancies. For those in Caid, Mistress Soraya and I are trying to arrange
              > to teach a class on costuming and headwear at fall Collegium.
              >
              > Liudmila

              Well, I am disappointed not to be able to take your class, but what a
              wonderful reason not to go! Congratulations!

              --Smirenka
            • petzserg
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 5, 2000
                Sorry about no Pennsic, but its for a great cause. Congratulations, as is
                appropriate. Sergius
              • Judwiga Czarna Pika
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 5, 2000
                  Luidmila! Congrats!! Wonderful!! Hugs!!

                  > > One correction -- no Liudmila class... I won't be going, much as I
                  wanted
                  > > to. I had it confirmed recently that am expecting a baby, and it seems
                  that
                  > > Pennsic conditions (thank you all for the information) are not
                  favorable for
                  > > pregnancies. For those in Caid, Mistress Soraya and I are trying to
                  arrange
                  > > to teach a class on costuming and headwear at fall Collegium.
                  > >
                  > > Liudmila
                  >

                  >---------

                  Judwiga Czarna Pika