Re: [sig] Pennsic classes

  • Jen
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 4, 2000
      Good day, all!
      First time posting here. :)

      I was just curious as to whether most classes at
      Pennsic need to be pre-registered. I would like to get
      to some this year, but because I pretty much won't
      know if I'm going to Pennsic until the week before I
      leave, I can't do any pre-reg.

      Thanks and hope to meet some of you there!

      - Jennifer

      --- Jenn/Yana <jdmiller2@...> wrote:
      > For those attending Pennsic (or those who want to
      > see what we do there and
      > drool), the Pennsic class listings are up on the web
      > at
      > <http://www.pennsicwar.org/classes.htm>.
      >
      > Among the SIG members teaching classes (I know I've
      > missed some, please
      > correct me):
      > Jadwiga
      > Paul Wickenden
      > Liudmila
      > Iaroslava Ivanova
      > Yaakov
      > Maria Piekneplotno
      > Keran Roslin
      >
      > I also saw many other non-Slavic focused classes
      > that would transfer into
      > our realm well, such as a demonstration of icon
      > painting, working with
      > egg-tempera, bone and antler carving, shoemaking,
      > various classes for
      > making trim, accessories, cord, etc., and others I
      > missed.
      >
      > (Jadwiga, I think you won the contest for the SIG
      > member teaching the most
      > classes at Pennsic. Geez woman, I counted at least
      > five! This IS your
      > vacation, after all....)
      >
      > --Yana, teacher of some, student of many

      =====
      "I had the answer to all the world's problems ...
      then I forgot it."
      "My pockets hurt." - Homer J. Simpson
      http://www.geocities.com/alannariva1

      Yahoo! Photos -- now, 100 FREE prints!
      http://photos.yahoo.com
    • Jenn/Yana
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 4, 2000
        >I was just curious as to whether most classes at
        >Pennsic need to be pre-registered. I would like to get
        >to some this year, but because I pretty much won't
        >know if I'm going to Pennsic until the week before I
        >leave, I can't do any pre-reg.

        They open registration the morning before the class actually happens, if
        the class requires a sign-up. It depends entirely on the class itself.
        The Pennsic handbook (which you get when you arrive) will say which ones
        require pre-registration, which ones have a class limit or fees, etc.
        Don't worry, you'll make it to lots of classes! :-)

        --Yana
      • Diane S. Sawyer
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 4, 2000
          --- Jen <jvojtasko@...> wrote:
          > Good day, all!
          > First time posting here. :)
          >
          > I was just curious as to whether most classes at
          > Pennsic need to be pre-registered. I would like to get
          > to some this year, but because I pretty much won't
          > know if I'm going to Pennsic until the week before I
          > leave, I can't do any pre-reg.
          >
          > Thanks and hope to meet some of you there!
          >
          > - Jennifer

          I'm pretty sure you register *at* Pennsic. You get up early, go to
          Information Point (where the A&S Table is located), and stand in
          line, hoping that the classes you want to register for will still be
          open by the time you get to the head of the line. Not all classes
          require registration; you can find out from A&S. It's usually the
          ones that have kits as part of the class that have limited
          attendance.

          Tasha

        • LiudmilaV@aol.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 4, 2000
            In a message dated 6/3/2000 7:19:37 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
            jdmiller2@... writes:

            << Among the SIG members teaching classes (I know I've missed some, please
            correct me):
            Jadwiga
            Paul Wickenden
            Liudmila
            Iaroslava Ivanova
            Yaakov
            Maria Piekneplotno
            Keran Roslin >>

            One correction -- no Liudmila class... I won't be going, much as I wanted
            to. I had it confirmed recently that am expecting a baby, and it seems that
            Pennsic conditions (thank you all for the information) are not favorable for
            pregnancies. For those in Caid, Mistress Soraya and I are trying to arrange
            to teach a class on costuming and headwear at fall Collegium.

            Liudmila
          • Kuzniar, Wendy
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 5, 2000
              CONGRATULATIONS!

              Nekzha

              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 5, 2000

                > One correction -- no Liudmila class... I won't be going, much as I wanted
                > to. I had it confirmed recently that am expecting a baby, and it seems that
                > Pennsic conditions (thank you all for the information) are not favorable for
                > pregnancies. For those in Caid, Mistress Soraya and I are trying to arrange
                > to teach a class on costuming and headwear at fall Collegium.
                >
                > Liudmila

                Well, I am disappointed not to be able to take your class, but what a
                wonderful reason not to go! Congratulations!

                --Smirenka
              • petzserg
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 5, 2000
                  Sorry about no Pennsic, but its for a great cause. Congratulations, as is
                  appropriate. Sergius
                • Judwiga Czarna Pika
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jun 5, 2000
                    Luidmila! Congrats!! Wonderful!! Hugs!!

                    > > One correction -- no Liudmila class... I won't be going, much as I
                    wanted
                    > > to. I had it confirmed recently that am expecting a baby, and it seems
                    that
                    > > Pennsic conditions (thank you all for the information) are not
                    favorable for
                    > > pregnancies. For those in Caid, Mistress Soraya and I are trying to
                    arrange
                    > > to teach a class on costuming and headwear at fall Collegium.
                    > >
                    > > Liudmila
                    >

                    >---------

                    Judwiga Czarna Pika