Re: [sig] Kokoshniks again

  • Eagle Claw
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2000
      Hi Nadezhda!

      My starting point for researching kokoschniks was the Compleat Anachronist
      called "Headdresses, Hats and *mumble mumble something*". The last half of
      the CA is written by Mistress Briganza and she does a nice job of indicating
      hat shapes by geographical region. I apologize for not having the exact
      name; I'm at work and don't have the issue handy. Maybe someone else has it
      and could fill in the blanks here? :) There's also a Compleat Anachronist
      on Russian Clothing, but I think there's been some advances in research
      since it was printed. But it's still a good jumping off point.

      I've also done some additional research on kokoschniks and will try to
      remember to post a bibliography on line. I'm hoping to get some photos
      taken of the different hats that I and Mistress Tatjana Nikonovna have
      created and upload them on my website by the end of June.

      There's a couple websites out there put together by other SIG members that
      are really nice. Predslava's page is at
      http://hometown.aol.com/Predslava/GiliarovskaiaPatterns.html
      and Ilyana's page is at http://www.sit.wisc.edu/~jdmiller2/

      There's some nice patterns also by Sofya la Rus at
      http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser/Russia/

      If you want to check my page, it's at
      http://www.angelfire.com/ne2/vasilla/index.html. I don't have much for
      clothing up yet, but there's some information on Russian pottery and so
      forth. Like I said, I'll be adding to it by the end of this month. :)

      Hope this helps to get you started. Congrats on being an "early" period
      Russian!!! :)

      -Vasilla

      Vasilla Anastasiia Krasnaia
      Barony of Mag Mor

      "I don't believe in just ordering people to do things.
      You have to sort of grab an oar and row with them."
      -Harold Geneen
    • Maile Edey
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 2, 2000
        Greetings from Ksenia Pavlovna,

        Once upon a time I found a web page with directions and pattern for making a
        kokoshnik; then promptly lost it.

        If anyone comes across it could it please be posted here.

        Many thanks,

        YIS,
        Ksenia Pavlovna