Re: S. Zofie (again)

  • Alastair Millar
    Message 1 of 1 , May 23, 2000
      Jenne wrote...
      >the holyday for Zofia was in May, and St. Sophia's day is
      >NOT in May.

      The day on which Wisdom and her Daughters are commemorated in the Orthodox
      calendar is in September; however, the *name-day* for Zofie (modern Czech
      Z'ofie) falls in May...

      Perhaps a feast-day lost or moved in one of the Western Church's clean-ups
      of saints' days (perhaps during this century?)

      Having spent some time with Google (hey, I won a t-shirt!!!), I can't find
      any mention of a saint named Zofie.

      Yrs confusedly

      Alastair

      Eclectic SIG links: www.geocities.com/alastairmillar/