Re: SIG Page

  • Josh Uretsky
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 3, 1999
      >Is the page load-speed okay?
      Load time is fairly significant, but since the picture loads last
      (at least on my favorite browser), I don't mind as I can look at the
      information while the pretty picture loads.

      >How does it look? Do you like it or not?

      I like the look of it. The picture is great. An explaination of
      the picture would be really cool. I really love tunics... so I like how
      all the peopel are garbed :) Who are all the Saints in the picture?

      Samuil Glukhoi

      ---------------
      Josh Uretsky
      (510) 594-9394

      Note: new e-mail uretskyj@...
      ---------------

      Syn that ye wole not ben my tresorere;
      For I am shave as sye as any frere.
    • Phefner@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 3, 1999
        I LOVE the picture! It looks so medieval and so Slavic! I think a brief
        description of the picture would be nice--I found myself wondering "who are
        these people with the halos"? It could just be "saints X, Y, and Z". Is it in
        some church or museum? It's the perfect picture for the site! Well done!

        Dekuji!
        Isabelle
      • timbo@xxxxxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 4, 1999
          I think its pretty cool. Is this from the Novgorodian codex? It looks
          like thier style of iconography.
          'dak
        • Diane S. Sawyer
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 4, 1999
            --- Jenn/Yana <jdmiller2@...> wrote:
            > From: Jenn/Yana <jdmiller2@...>
            >
            > Paul has made some additions to the main SIG page
            > and would like some
            > comments. General ones are fine, but specifically:
            >
            > Is the page load-speed okay?
            > How does it look? Do you like it or not?

            ZOOOMMMMMM!!!!!!!!! Of course, I'm looking at it at
            work (shhhhh -- don't tell!). I like the new picture
            on the front page, that's cool. Looks good to me!

            Tasha
          • Jenn/Yana
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 4, 1999
              Oh yeah, look at the "Links" page too, if you haven't. The pictures there
              are from "The Life of Alexander Nevsky". The home page picture is from
              "Drevne-russkaia miniatura", Paul hasn't translated the picture-info yet.
              He will be adding captions later.

            • Amyotter@xxx.xxx
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 5, 1999
                What exactly is the web page address so I can take a peak at it.

                Irina
              • MHoll@xxx.xxx
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 8, 1999
                  The pages loads speedily enough. The picture on the main page is a little
                  blurry, but the ones on the Links page are fine.

                  Predslava