SIG Page

  • Jenn/Yana
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 3 4:22 PM
      Paul has made some additions to the main SIG page and would like some
      comments. General ones are fine, but specifically:

      Is the page load-speed okay?
      How does it look? Do you like it or not?

      SIG page is at:
      http://www.uwplatt.edu/~goldschp/slavic.html
      Ilyana Barsova (Yana) jdmiller2@...
      http://www.sit.wisc.edu/~jdmiller2
      Slavic Interest Group http://www.uwplatt.edu/~goldschp/slavic.html
    • Josh Uretsky
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 3 6:30 PM
        >Is the page load-speed okay?
        Load time is fairly significant, but since the picture loads last
        (at least on my favorite browser), I don't mind as I can look at the
        information while the pretty picture loads.

        >How does it look? Do you like it or not?

        I like the look of it. The picture is great. An explaination of
        the picture would be really cool. I really love tunics... so I like how
        all the peopel are garbed :) Who are all the Saints in the picture?

        Samuil Glukhoi

        ---------------
        Josh Uretsky
        (510) 594-9394

        Note: new e-mail uretskyj@...
        ---------------

        Syn that ye wole not ben my tresorere;
        For I am shave as sye as any frere.
      • Phefner@xxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 3 6:54 PM
          I LOVE the picture! It looks so medieval and so Slavic! I think a brief
          description of the picture would be nice--I found myself wondering "who are
          these people with the halos"? It could just be "saints X, Y, and Z". Is it in
          some church or museum? It's the perfect picture for the site! Well done!

          Dekuji!
          Isabelle
        • timbo@xxxxxx.xxx
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 4 3:53 AM
            I think its pretty cool. Is this from the Novgorodian codex? It looks
            like thier style of iconography.
            'dak
          • Diane S. Sawyer
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 4 5:47 AM
              --- Jenn/Yana <jdmiller2@...> wrote:
              > From: Jenn/Yana <jdmiller2@...>
              >
              > Paul has made some additions to the main SIG page
              > and would like some
              > comments. General ones are fine, but specifically:
              >
              > Is the page load-speed okay?
              > How does it look? Do you like it or not?

              ZOOOMMMMMM!!!!!!!!! Of course, I'm looking at it at
              work (shhhhh -- don't tell!). I like the new picture
              on the front page, that's cool. Looks good to me!

              Tasha
            • Jenn/Yana
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 4 7:48 AM
                Oh yeah, look at the "Links" page too, if you haven't. The pictures there
                are from "The Life of Alexander Nevsky". The home page picture is from
                "Drevne-russkaia miniatura", Paul hasn't translated the picture-info yet.
                He will be adding captions later.

              • Amyotter@xxx.xxx
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 5 9:07 PM
                  What exactly is the web page address so I can take a peak at it.

                  Irina
                • MHoll@xxx.xxx
                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 8 8:57 PM
                    The pages loads speedily enough. The picture on the main page is a little
                    blurry, but the ones on the Links page are fine.

                    Predslava