Re: [sig] Body parts lists

  • Jeff Smith
    Message 1 of 12 , May 2, 2000
      "Alastair Millar" <alastair@...> sent:

      >Well, this would be strictly appropriate to any of the following, for
      >starters:

      Oh sure, all those boring archeology lists. I think you're really
      concealing your membership in the
      "cannibalswhomakeritualobjectsfrombones@egroups.com". I'm trying to "dig
      up" the evidence I need on several of those lists you sent (I'll be joining
      a couple of them, but not the super busy one...don't have that much time --
      got to slaughter a family and wrap their bones in bronze wire for a ceremony
      Saturday night).

      B. Janos
      (Who will deny he sent this to anyone who asks)
    • Alastair Millar
      Message 2 of 12 , May 2, 2000
        B.Janos wrote -

        >I think you're really concealing your membership in the
        >"cannibalswhomakeritualobjectsfrombones@egroups.com".

        On the contrary, I make no bones about it...
        ... despite stiff opposition!

        Alastair
      • Jessica Wilbur
        Message 3 of 12 , May 2, 2000
          > B.Janos wrote -
          >
          > >I think you're really concealing your membership in the
          > >"cannibalswhomakeritualobjectsfrombones@egroups.com".
          >
          > On the contrary, I make no bones about it...
          > ... despite stiff opposition!
          >
          > Alastair

          There must be a mounting body of evidence... sorry, I just can't help ribbing
          you.

          I should quit while I'm a head! =D

          --Smirenka
        • Robert J Welenc
          Message 4 of 12 , May 2, 2000
            At 02:51 PM 5/2/00 +0200, you wrote:
            >Alanna of the perked ears asked:
            >>What list discusses ritual objects made of
            >>human body parts? Sounds like something
            >>I may be interested in lurking on...

            >ARCH-L
            >the grandaddy of all archaeology lists, running out of Texas A&M.
            About 2000
            >members in 50 countries. Biased towards the US, but absolutely
            ANYTHING
            >archaeology related is fair game here - from Vikings to Egyptian to
            Slavic
            >to Mayan. To subscribe, send an email with a blank subject line,
            containing
            >the message SUBSCRIBE ARCH-L firstname lastname to
            >listserv@...

            That sounds useful...thanks!

            Mundanely I'm a fantasy writer, and sooner or later everything is
            grist for the mill!

            Alanna
            ***********
            Saying of the day:
            Vision is not seeing things as they are, but as they will be.
          • Castalia
            Message 5 of 12 , May 3, 2000
              Graceful save! :-)

              Ksenia
            • Castalia
              Message 6 of 12 , May 3, 2000
                My apologies. *That* was supposed to be sent as private mail.

                Z.

                Message 7 of 12 , May 4, 2000
                  I don't know......as they say in the mafia, "you've made your bones"
                  'dak

                  > B.Janos wrote -
                  >
                  > >I think you're really concealing your membership in the
                  > >"cannibalswhomakeritualobjectsfrombones@egroups.com".
                  >
                  > On the contrary, I make no bones about it...
                  > ... despite stiff opposition!
                  >
                  > Alastair

                  There must be a mounting body of evidence... sorry, I just can't help ribbing
                  you.

                  I should quit while I'm a head! =D

                  --Smirenka

                  Life's too short to send boring email. Let SuperSig come to the rescue.
                  http://click.egroups.com/1/3805/2/_/263805/_/957302378/