Re: [sig] Body parts lists

  • Jessica Wilbur
    Message 1 of 12 , May 2, 2000
      > > So when there are conflicting opinions on the list, is it a bone of
      > > contention?
      > >
      > > --Smirenka, ducking now
      >
      > Are you sure you're not a herald?
      >
      > Tasha

      Pretty sure... just trying to be humerus.

      --Smirenka, ducking again
    • Jeff Smith
      Message 2 of 12 , May 2, 2000
        "Jessica Wilbur" <jessica@...>

        >So when there are conflicting opinions on the list, is it a bone of
        >contention?
        >
        >--Smirenka, ducking now

        This is weird. I got this email AFTER Tasha's reply to it, and after
        Smirenka's response to the reply. I thought I was in Sarajevo, but I'm in
        the Twilight Zone!

        B. Janos
      • Jeff Smith
        Message 3 of 12 , May 2, 2000
          "Alastair Millar" <alastair@...> sent:

          >Well, this would be strictly appropriate to any of the following, for
          >starters:

          Oh sure, all those boring archeology lists. I think you're really
          concealing your membership in the
          "cannibalswhomakeritualobjectsfrombones@egroups.com". I'm trying to "dig
          up" the evidence I need on several of those lists you sent (I'll be joining
          a couple of them, but not the super busy one...don't have that much time --
          got to slaughter a family and wrap their bones in bronze wire for a ceremony
          Saturday night).

          B. Janos
          (Who will deny he sent this to anyone who asks)
        • Alastair Millar
          Message 4 of 12 , May 2, 2000
            B.Janos wrote -

            >I think you're really concealing your membership in the
            >"cannibalswhomakeritualobjectsfrombones@egroups.com".

            On the contrary, I make no bones about it...
            ... despite stiff opposition!

            Alastair
          • Jessica Wilbur
            Message 5 of 12 , May 2, 2000
              > B.Janos wrote -
              >
              > >I think you're really concealing your membership in the
              > >"cannibalswhomakeritualobjectsfrombones@egroups.com".
              >
              > On the contrary, I make no bones about it...
              > ... despite stiff opposition!
              >
              > Alastair

              There must be a mounting body of evidence... sorry, I just can't help ribbing
              you.

              I should quit while I'm a head! =D

              --Smirenka
            • Robert J Welenc
              Message 6 of 12 , May 2, 2000
                At 02:51 PM 5/2/00 +0200, you wrote:
                >Alanna of the perked ears asked:
                >>What list discusses ritual objects made of
                >>human body parts? Sounds like something
                >>I may be interested in lurking on...

                >ARCH-L
                >the grandaddy of all archaeology lists, running out of Texas A&M.
                About 2000
                >members in 50 countries. Biased towards the US, but absolutely
                ANYTHING
                >archaeology related is fair game here - from Vikings to Egyptian to
                Slavic
                >to Mayan. To subscribe, send an email with a blank subject line,
                containing
                >the message SUBSCRIBE ARCH-L firstname lastname to
                >listserv@...

                That sounds useful...thanks!

                Mundanely I'm a fantasy writer, and sooner or later everything is
                grist for the mill!

                Alanna
                ***********
                Saying of the day:
                Vision is not seeing things as they are, but as they will be.
              • Castalia
                Message 7 of 12 , May 3, 2000
                  Graceful save! :-)

                  Ksenia
                • Castalia
                  Message 8 of 12 , May 3, 2000
                    My apologies. *That* was supposed to be sent as private mail.

                    Z.

                    Message 9 of 12 , May 4, 2000
                      I don't know......as they say in the mafia, "you've made your bones"
                      'dak

                      > B.Janos wrote -
                      >
                      > >I think you're really concealing your membership in the
                      > >"cannibalswhomakeritualobjectsfrombones@egroups.com".
                      >
                      > On the contrary, I make no bones about it...
                      > ... despite stiff opposition!
                      >
                      > Alastair

                      There must be a mounting body of evidence... sorry, I just can't help ribbing
                      you.

                      I should quit while I'm a head! =D

                      --Smirenka

                      Life's too short to send boring email. Let SuperSig come to the rescue.
                      http://click.egroups.com/1/3805/2/_/263805/_/957302378/