hardsuit options

  • Jeff Heilveil
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2, 2000
      Salut!
      I had recently found a copy of a period woodcut which displayed some
      Hungarian combatants (no, I don't remember where off the top of my head).
      I use this picture a lot, as it places the use of 36 inch maces (judging
      from the proportions of the mace to the people holding them) in period,
      which happens to be my war weapon. They also have these really neat
      shields, but that is neither here nor there. The men are wearing padded
      tops with button on sleeves and an attached skirt. The only visible armor
      are hardened elbows. So, my lady is making this with a denim inner lining
      to hold armour plates. I'll let you know how it turns out. It should
      give more flexibility.

      In service.
      Cu drag,
      Bogdan

      Jeffrey Heilveil M.S. Ld. Bogdan de la Brasov, C.W.
      Department of Entomology A Bear's paw and base vert on field argent
      University of Illinois
      heilveil@...
      office: (217) 244-5115
      home: (217) 355-5702
      ICQ: 34699710

      Once one dismisses the rest of all possible worlds, one finds that this is
      the best of all possible worlds.
      -Voltaire, _Candide_
    • Jenne Heise
      Message 2 of 2 , May 4, 2000
        > I had recently found a copy of a period woodcut which displayed some
        > Hungarian combatants (no, I don't remember where off the top of my head).
        > I use this picture a lot, as it places the use of 36 inch maces (judging
        > from the proportions of the mace to the people holding them) in period,
        > which happens to be my war weapon. They also have these really neat
        > shields, but that is neither here nor there. The men are wearing padded
        > tops with button on sleeves and an attached skirt.

        Do these tops look anything like Szur-style coats?

        "Oh it's all too much, too grim, too lovely, too -- how should
        I put this? It's general chaos." -- Edward Gorey