cossack hardsuit

  • timbo@marcon.org
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2000
      Kind of like the German Landesknecht's?

      Turrel,
      Not to sound like an authenticity goober, but Landsknecht is very
      similar to other Western European fashions in that it has
      slashed proto-doublets and hose (pluterhosen). The screwed up thing
      is that Polish coats are long and flairing with inset sleeves and and
      other "modern " tailoring techniques so Ukrainian has this, plus
      poofy pants called charovoy (Tartar), slit sleeves reminesent of 15th
      C itaian fashions and hats that are simply unique. I see no reason at
      all why pockets for plates (especially plastic) cant be sewn into the
      inner lining to create a "hardsuit". It would be very, very cool. I
      do recommend the book I cited earlier simply because it is quite
      illustrative, if post-period. I personally wear a Persian caftan over
      my hardsuit but thats because I like doing things not done
      before....besides, I like Persian. Please keep me informed about how
      the Cossack coat comes out. Very, very cool idea! 'dak
    • Sheila W.
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2000
        --- In sig@egroups.com, timbo@m... wrote:

        > Kind of like the German Landesknecht's?
        >
        > Turrel,
        > Not to sound like an authenticity goober, but Landsknecht is
        very
        > similar to other Western European fashions in that it has
        > slashed proto-doublets and hose (pluterhosen).

        Sorry, actually what i meant is the tendency to wear anything that
        looks flamboyant, not necissarly 'traditional'...

        Thanks!
        Turrel