Re: Invitation

  • Alastair Millar
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2000
      Isabelle wrote...
      >I wrote a history of the Czechs and Moravians on that page that's
      >probably shot through with mistakes

      It's pretty fair, I'd say. One point is that Medieval historical research
      seems to suffer from a sort of ten year lag - it's published in Czech,
      summarised in German, published in German, and then (at last) percolates
      into English - so there are now some new thoughts on things like who the
      Slavniks were, what the Boleslavs were up to, etc. etc. A couple of months
      ago Anez'ka kindly agreed to let me do some revision of the earlier parts
      (all I know about) - I'm still working on it, slowly!.

      BTW, Anez'ka - did you get my message a couple of weeks ago about the
      Pr'emsylid names and the Boleslav bio.?
      Should I resend it?

      Cheers!

      Alastair