Re: court garb *hassles*

  • timbo@xxxxxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 1, 1999
      Luidmila said:
      Do you have Wal-Mart where you live? They have best kind of thin gold and
      silver thread I could find in their craft section -- it doesn't separate or
      snag.

      Scary indeed. I just suggested using Walmart to Kseniia Nikolaevna
      for cheap velveteen in a month or so ($6 yd in jewel tone colors). I
      love that place, especially as a source for cheap metal buttons.
      'dak
    • Phefner@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 1, 1999
        Yes, we have Walmart here! I was having nightmarish thoughts about having to
        spend serious $$ on the fabric, which of course I'd rather not do. I'm
        interested in the influence of the Turks and the Persians on Russian garb. I
        did "generic SCA" garb--sort of a watered-down version of Italian Renaissance
        (which is to say not very well researched and lacking in detail) so much in
        my first five or six years in the SCA that I got really tired of it--I don't
        like to do the same thing over and over, year after year. All of my garb
        looked the same and it was getting boring. In fact, I wouldn't mind doing a
        period Turkish or Persian outfit at all!! :-) That would be fun.

        Dekuji!
        Isabelle