Re: back to chatting

  • timbo@xxxxxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 30, 1999
      That's outstanding, Peotr. I can take it from here.

      Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 20:19:59 -0400
      From: Gregory Frux <gfrux@...>
      To: sig@onelist.com
      Subject: Re: [sig] back to chatting

      From: Gregory Frux <gfrux@...>

      Thompson, "Novgorod the Great, excavations at the Medieval City 1951-62"
      page 100 photo "bone chessman from fourteenth century level"

      complete set. pieces look quite different from modern pieces.

      check also other archeology texts from Novgorod dig.

      Hope this helps.

      timbo@... wrote:

      > From: timbo@...
      > Yana Grozniia.........I like it!
      > Gotta question. Has anyone ever seen a period Russian chess piece.
      > There are several websites offering modern renditions, but I would
      > love to see th ereal thing.
      > 'dak
      > Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 09:42:56 -0500
      > To: sig@onelist.com
      > From: Jenn/Yana <jdmiller2@...>
      > Subject: [sig] final message about the recent flamewar
      > From: Jenn/Yana <jdmiller2@...>
      > This is a note to everyone:
      > No more apologies, chastizements, reiterations, explanations or other such
      > references to this flamewar, please. I have talked several times
      > (privately) to the main people involved in this conflict as a list
      > maintainer should. If anyone else has concerns about this subject, talk to
      > the list maintainers or the persons involved PRIVATELY and OFF THE LIST.
      > And please no follow-ups to this post like -- "I agree with this totally."
      > Replies aren't necessary. Talk to me off the list if you like.
      > Let's get back on track and talk about Medieval Slavic, Hungarian and other
      > related topics. And as 'dak pointed out, in any discussion list you should
      > --Yana, evil list-administrator (shall we make that "Yana Grozniia?")
      > ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
      > Ilyana Barsova (Yana) jdmiller2@...
      > http://www.sit.wisc.edu/~jdmiller2
      > Slavic Interest Group http://www.uwplatt.edu/~goldschp/slavic.html
      > Congratulations to MICHELLE UNSER
      > This week's FRIENDS&FAMILY WINNER!
      > To enter go to http://www.onelist.com/info/onereachsplash3.html
      > Having difficulty getting "in synch" with list members?
      > http://www.onelist.com
      > Try ONElist's Shared Calendar to organize events, meetings and more!

      Congratulations DALMATIANRESCUE. Our latest ONElist of the week.
      To see full story and submit YOUR ONElist story, go to