Re: [sig] writing for kids

  • Diane S. Sawyer
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 3, 2000
      --- Krista Harjamaki <klharjamaki@...> wrote:
      > > > It tells me that it probably has a place for tongs in the back
      > and the
      > > > front is open for some reason.
      > >
      > > Actually, that is it, as far as anyone can tell. It's open in
      > front to
      > show
      > > off the embroidery on the shirt.
      > >
      > > Predslava.
      >

      > Then why don't you say "a apron that is worn on the back instead of
      > the
      > front. It covers the back from the shoulders usually all the way
      > down to
      > the knees. The only part that you'd see on the front is the ties."
      >
      > WARNING I made that up based on the information above. It is meant
      > only to
      > be an example of how it could be written.
      >
      > Aveline

      Well, for starters, it's only worn around the waist. Not all aprons
      have bibs. And it really is more like a wrap skirt than an apron, in
      that it comes around the sides of the legs. It's sort of like a
      split skirt, except that it's straight, with very little fullness at
      the top. (I know you didn't know this already; I just wanted to let
      you know.)

      I'd actually say it "resembles" an apron, rather than it "is" an
      apron. Aprons are meant to protect your front from spills and
      stains. Panovas are really good for protecting the back of your
      rubahka from grass stains... though I suppose it could have been
      turned around if need be. Anyone else want to speculate on this?

      Tasha

      http://im.yahoo.com