Bulgarian stuff

  • Alastair Millar
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 2, 2000
      I've been letting my keyboard do the walking again... so this weekend's
      random trawl through cyberspace has turned up a mixed bag of things
      Bulgarian. Enjoy!

      A great general history of Bulgaria & the Bulgarians (NB - text comes up
      quickly, but the pretty graphics take an age).
      http://www.digsys.bg/books/history/index.html

      "Wonderland Bulgaria" (no, really!) - actually a commercial site, but a
      hefty slice of cultural gumbo with sections on history, ethnography &
      folklore, cuisine, SS Cyril & Methodius, various notable historical figures
      etc.
      http://www.geocities.com/Eureka/Company/5577/

      Some source material [!!] from the same site. A translation of the
      surprisingly short "List of Names of the Bulgarian Khans", apparently from
      16th century Old Church Slavonic copies of earlier ?Greek originals.
      http://www.geocities.com/Eureka/Company/5577/engl/History/Imennik.htm

      "The Rulers of Bulgaria: A page on ALL Bulgarian Khans, Czars and Princes
      till the end of the period of the Third Bulgarian State." Interesting
      layout. Has a supershort note on the achievements (or otherwise) of each
      ruler, and some PORTRAITS to relate to!
      http://skyscraper.fortunecity.com/temple/111/bg/english.html

      The "FAQ Server: Bulgaria" list of "Bulgarian Czars". In transliterated
      Bulgarian (!).
      http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~radev/cgi-bin/faqserver.cgi?care

      Next time I'll head north again...

      TTFN

      Alastair

      A far-away country of which we know little:
      "Bohemia: a desert country near the sea"
      [Shakespeare: Winter's Tale, III.iii, stage direction]
    • timbo@marcon.org
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 3, 2000
        I'm not doing any advertising for anyone but I thought that folks
        would like to take a look at this site.
        'dak

        http://www.thorntonsbooks.co.uk/indexslaviclists.htm
      • timbo@marcon.org
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 3, 2000
          Privyat!
          There is a picture of a lady with a Russian persona at this site
          (Lillabet Rhudenko). While her garments are a little over the top,
          but they are very illustrative of what a late period Russian
          Czarevna or Czaritzha would have concievably worn. Its especially
          impressive when one considers that the day this picture was taken was
          hotter than Hades.
          'dak
        • timbo@marcon.org
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 4, 2000
            Mea culpe, mea maxima culpe. I forgot to list the URL. What a goober.
            'dak