RE: court garb ideas

  • Diane S. Sawyer
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 30, 1999
      > From: Phefner@...
      >
      > Lots of stitches--as in embroidery stitches? My
      > backstitch is OK, not great,
      > I still don't have a satin stitch, and my chain
      > stitch is awful. I haven't
      > actually done any couching, but I understand the
      > technique and it looks easy.
      > I mainly want to look pretty---gosh, I'm vain!! :-)
      >
      > Dekuji!
      > Isabelle

      Try
      http://www.anu.edu.au/english/jems/sharon/stitchdictionarycontents.html

      There are pictures and diagrams and instructions on
      huundreds of embroidery stitches. I don't remember if
      you're coming to Pennsic, but if you are, stop by
      Herald's Point and say hi! My garb won't be
      embroidered, but I can show you how to do satin stitch
      and chain stitch!

      I ran out of time to embroider... I'm stamping stuff!
      If you're coming to the SIG party, take a look at my
      lord's blue and yellow Kievan tunic (from Mordak's
      description, thank you 'dak!), stamped and painted in
      gold and black -- it came out REALLY nice. My stuff
      will be stamped too; it just so happens that his is
      done, so I can legitimately brag about it.

      Tasha